• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

GeckoSub Pulley Loader - Another Idea For Assisted Loading of Pneumatic Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The floating part of the loader could just be a ball on the end of the line as it would then act as a marker if the whole lot fell to the bottom. Polystyrene crushes and breaks, so one of the polyurethane balls would be best, big enough to support a length of line, but not too big. I don't eat sashimi, so any fish I get are going to be cooked. I know lemon or lime juice, etc. "cooks" the raw fish, but I am just not into that stuff.

shar-poplavok2+-500x500.jpg

Pelengas ball float http://batyskaf.by/pelengas/shar-poplavok-pelengas?page=3

Last edited:
40 bar with 13 mm piston would be 54 kgf. Nice force to load the Mirage. But with Easy loader that would be only about 2.5 kgf required to load the shaft into the speargun.
Length_of_the_arm (150 mm)/radius_of_the_winch (7 mm) = 21,4.
54 kgf/21.4 = 2.5 kgf.
I would use Dyneema of 2.5 to 3 mm thick.

Rate of winding needs to be considered, if you have plenty of time then a small winch size is acceptable using a 7 mm drum which is s stainless rod, but faster loading can use something larger provided the pull provided by the user is within acceptable limits.

No, drum size mast not be 7 mm!
My current Easy loader has it 12 mm OD (using 2 mm Spectra), but for loading Mirage on 40 bar it would be better to be 14 mm (for 2.5 mm Spectra) Bending diameter have to be at least 6 x thickness of the Dyneema/Spectra.

Last edited:
No, drum size mast not be 7 mm!
My current Easy loader has it 12 mm OD (using 2 mm Spectra), but for loading Mirage on 40 bar it would be better to be 14 mm (for 2.5 mm Spectra) Bending diameter have to be at least 6 x thickness of the Dyneema/Spectra.
That 12 mm diameter winding spool is a tube? (for low weight).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT