• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Get ready to laugh hard... Hello from Idaho.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

zomby

Sep 2, 2007
Yes, yes... I am from Idaho. There is absolutely nobody that I head of does spearfishing here. (I wonder why...) But I am willing to learn and travel. Washington, Oregon, or somewhere close to these mountains around here.

Yes, yes... I am from Idaho. There is absolutely nobody that I head of does spearfishing here. (I wonder why...) But I am willing to learn and travel. Washington, Oregon, or somewhere close to these mountains around here.

You get 10 marks for a sense of humour mate! :) Welcome to DB. You can check the http://forums.deeperblue.net/spearo-network/ thread to find a buddy or activities in the area you want to dive.

As Podge would say, keep yer sense of humour! :wave

Hey mate,

:D Aren't mountain lakes said to be oh-so clear? Well, I'm sure You'll enlighten us on that one. :t
Have fun and welcome to DB!

Mountain lakes are really nice and cold up here. I havent seen or heared of anyone diving in those hundreds of mountain lakes. But there must be some people that are doing it since there are regulations from the Department of Fish and Game. Here is a good paragraph from the rules and regulations book:
Archery and Spear Fishing:​
Fishing with a bow and arrow,
crossbow, spear or mechanical device, excluding firearms,
is permitted only in the taking of bullfrogs and unprotected
nongame fish, and only in those waters during the season set
for the taking of game fish.

BULLFROG, BULLFROG, BULLFROG...
I bet for nice speargun, no one in this sport has ever tried to hunt a freaking BULLFROG. If you think I am kidding here it is:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/rules/full_booklet.pdf
Go to page 12, under "Archery and Spear Fishing".

So here is my question to you guys sanso and island_sands: How is the bullfrog season in Germany or Dubai this year...

Man... I picked a wrong sport ... I think I am starting to agree with my wife.

Well, I am still not giving up...

rofl
Rare game the bullfrog is in these parts! And it's only elite-archers that ever set out for some bull.
But, alas, the season has been fat so far, which some credit to the rainy summer. :D

rofl rofl rofl

I've dove Idaho before, but didn't do any spearfishing when I was there.

Lake Cour de' lane is beautiful and has many shipwrecks lining her bottom. The vis was outstanding and there were a couple of nice dive shops around there that could fill any kind of mix that you care to dive.

I heard that there was also another lake near there, but I have since forgotten the name, that was extremely clear and deep- I guess that the US Navy has a submarine sonar station in there. Some of the local tech divers used it for their deeper training dives.

You've got a wonderful place to dive, you just need to do a bit of hunting to track down some buddies. Spearing pan and rough fish is all we are allowed to shoot here, in Wisconsin, and we seem to keep ourselves pretty well occupied with that. You should have lots of great diving days ahead.

Jon

I'm just concerned that everyone from Idaho might have a "wide stance" in the airport men's room.

Reactions: Jon
Hey now ...

What an embarrassment. Sad thing is he hands over his business card to the undercover cop and says "What do you think about that". Did you know he is now taking step dancing classes to improve his moves in men's room?

It is a good thing to have sense of humor.

Hey now ...

What an embarrassment. Sad thing is he hands over his business card to the undercover cop and says "What do you think about that". Did you know he is now taking step dancing classes to improve his moves in men's room?

It is a good thing to have sense of humor.
:confused: Uh.. should I be able to follow and my brain has just atrophied? Or am I actually missing some context here?

:confused: Uh.. should I be able to follow and my brain has just atrophied? Or am I actually missing some context here?

Sorry, I forgot we were an international group and everyone might not follow US politics.

The short version is that a United States Senator from Idaho, Larry Craig, who had long been a militant against gay marriage and other rights for gays, was arrested in the men's room of the airport at Minneapolis, MN for making overtures to an undercover officer in the next stall. He repeatedly tapped his foot, which is alleged to be a signal, and moved his foot over to touch the foot of the undercover officer. In explaining his conduct later, he said that he just "takes a wide stance" when sitting on the toilet. Under pressure from leaders in his own Republican party, he announced his resignation from the Senate a couple of days ago.

Sorry for the derail, but it was just too tempting to kid anyone from Idaho.

Reactions: island_sands
rbsub just stuck my face into the story in the local news. :D
I'd heard of the story, but missed the part that the guy was from idao. rofl

Sorry, I forgot we were an international group and everyone might not follow US politics.

The short version is that a United States Senator from Idaho, Larry Craig, who had long been a militant against gay marriage and other rights for gays, was arrested in the men's room of the airport at Minneapolis, MN for making overtures to an undercover officer in the next stall. He repeatedly tapped his foot, which is alleged to be a signal, and moved his foot over to touch the foot of the undercover officer. In explaining his conduct later, he said that he just "takes a wide stance" when sitting on the toilet. Under pressure from leaders in his own Republican party, he announced his resignation from the Senate a couple of days ago.

Sorry for the derail, but it was just too tempting to kid anyone from Idaho.

When we heard this story in Germany we all were laughing a lot:t. Perfect.

Hey zomby im from idaho, ive been watching these forums for awhile and searching the internet for anything spearfishing or freediving around this area without much luck. Im new to all of this and trying to find a way to get into it without blindly ordering a bunch of gear that doesnt fit/work off of the internet and i havnt come across a dive shop that basically doesnt laugh at you under their breathe when you ask them about gear or places to spearfish. I just know that there are some huge carp that need shootin' at around here and there would be very few of us (if any at all) that are going to be doing it. My time and cash is limited but i would be up for traveling every once in a while if i had to. Let me know if your interested and maybe we could work something out.

I am from Idaho as well (though I upgraded to Washington). If you are near the Idaho falls area, you can go to Black tail reservoirs and near the dam I have seen some nice striped bass, and if I remember right in Idaho those are not considered game fish....i.e. open for spear fishing. You would have to check the regs to make sure.. I could be wrong.

hey i am also from idaho, and live right on lake pend oreille (the really deep clear one w/ a naval base). i just started spearing last summer and was shooting suckers (smaller kind of carp?) and tench. the regulations suck cause you can only shoot the non-game fish that no one else wants, but they go good in a craw-dad trap. anyone else spearing up in north idaho? so far i havnt heard of anyone else actually spearing up here until i saw this thread.

hey just wondering if anyone has started spearing in idaho yet, and if so what kind of wetsuit you are using. im excited for it to start warming up so i can get out in the lake and shoot some fish :D

Hey guys, I created a Facebook page to solve this problem. It’s called the Idaho Spearfishing Club. I created it to promote spearfishing in Idaho and for spearos to connect. I will be looking to work with Fish and Game on modifying the regulations to allow spearfishing of more species. Please like the page and introduce yourself there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT