• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Giant baby made from fish?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Huan

Jul 4, 2004
Did seafood diet create mega-baby?
The Scotsman: A United Kingdom woman who gave birth to a boy weighing nearly 14 pounds attributes his size to her cravings for seafood.

Joseph Griffin, nicknamed "The Mighty Joe" by his proud family, weighed in at 13 pounds, 13 ounces when he was born two weeks ago in Wirral, Merseyside. The baby was delivered by Caesarean section after mother Sara Griffin, 25, underwent a gruelling 40-hour attempt at a natural birth. Griffin, a hotel chef from Wallasey, attributes Joseph’s size to the seafood she craved while pregnant. She said: “I used to eat a lot of meat but I went off it while I was pregnant. Instead, I was eating a lot of fish and seafood, especially anything in vinegar. I was eating cockles, mussels, roll mop herrings, crab claws, anything I could get my hands on. She said her partner is a fishmonger, which meant she had a steady supply. “There’s no history of big babies in the family, so I can only think it must have been the seafood," she said. Joseph, who was born two weeks early, now weighs 14 pounds, 1 ounce and is already wearing clothes for babies aged six to nine months. “He’s perfectly healthy, and we’re all very proud of him," she said. "I’m not sure I want another one, though, because they say the second is even bigger than the first.” Joseph is reported to be the biggest British baby since Pauline Curson’s son Reece weighed in at 14 pounds, 13 ounces in County Durham in 1997. The largest ever was 15 pound, 8-ounce Guy Carr from Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, in 1992.

Huan said:
The baby was delivered by Caesarean section after mother Sara Griffin, 25, underwent a gruelling 40-hour attempt at a natural birth. .

oaaaww... I can't even stand a migraine for more than an hour without taking painkiller... :waterwork

Sooooo glad I'm a man.. :hmm

Be interesting to see if eating seafood from that area causes any other side effects in babies. Anyone remember the Japanese mercury poisoning scandal?

I used to drive down to Mersey with my mates for fresh mussels and flatfish, when I was studying in Essex. Damn strange place in the winter time with homeless people living on boats beached by the receding tide. Straight out of a Lovecraftian novel.

She should look on the bright side, Mighty Joe will be robbing cars before she knows it (more family income) ;)

Shadowkiller said:
Be interesting to see if eating seafood from that area causes any other side effects in babies. Anyone remember the Japanese mercury poisoning scandal?

Yes, the baby was normal sized but had 6lbs of mercury in his lower extremities. He'll not need a weightbelt w/ his 5mil suit for those waters any time soon :).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT