• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Giant tuna footages!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Roberto,
thank's for your experienced opinion!
Giant bluefin tuna spearfishing is not allowed on the East cost of USA and Canada.(Other tuna?: no problemo!). During, a one hour diving in a school of about hundred 600/900 lb tuna competing to eat (despite the fact that capt. and me were worried about a fatal collision with the world largest and most powerfull fish), I had a lot of opportunities to place an efficient shoot( I brought special shafts and speartips) and to bring back or not the "fish of my life" to the boat. But this context means: a great "trip"... but no pic and impossible telling the story to anybody. The www.spearfishingmotion.com website calling is "to share" and video was not the worst substitute.
If you want to taste North Atlantic, I know a spot about twelve hours boat off the coast where there are huge bigE and albacore swimming close to the surface in August in the middle of GBF tuna and...sharks.
I'll be back to Cuba in December for a 12th trip (addicted) and to Costa Rica (3th trip this year), and perhaps could I see you. Amicalement Philippe.

Excellent Phillipe!!

Nice video and what a fantastic scene beeing in the water that must have been.

Cheers,

Roberto

Yes, we tried the permits for the Blue fins, but to no avail, sad, very sad.
Thanks for sharing my friend.

Hi Philippe.

Good to "see" you on Deeperblue. Those are awesome images. I think a partner could help solve that filming / hunting conundrum next time the big boys are in town. Let us know...
Thanks for sharing and allowing to share on your site.
Cheers,

Virgil

Hi virgil!
glad to meet you on the same boat. I'll Write you thi W.E. Amicalement, Philippe

WOW!!
Incredible footage! Sad that the Feds can't/won't issue even a limited permit to shoot one of these fish. What an absolute thrill that'd be.

Awesome, Just awesome to see those fish. Would love to have a go at one someday. Great video.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT