• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Go Native Freediving in Florida

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jdcumbee

Jan 27, 2008
Hello

I’m sorry for the length of this post. This post isn’t about the quality of instruction but rather about the Business practices of PADI instructor Forrest Simon and Go Native Freediving

I wanted to tell you of my experience with Go Native Freediving. Early last year I started to look for a freediving instructor course that would fit my schedule and budget.

I came across Go Native Freediving and it’s owner Forrest Simon. Forrest is a PADI ambassadiver and has been featured in several of their promotional videos.

I paid $2500 a total immersion instructor training program. Unfortunately, do to work conflicts, I had to cancel and requested a refund. Forrest was able to pay half of the refund and said he could pay the balance later. I told him to hold onto the balance ($1250) and I could use it as a deposit on a future course

By October of last year, I decided that I no longer wished to pursue an instructor path and asked for the balance due. Forrest said he would have half my money December 1st and the rest by the end of the month. Forrest failed to make either payment. Forrest then said he would have my payment in January and again failed to make the payment

For those outside of the United States, we have an organization called the Better Business Bureau (BBB) which helps to resolve consumer complaints. I contacted this group for assistance. They reached out to Forrest several times and he ignored all attempts to contact him

At this point, Forrest is also ignoring all of my attempts to contact him. I have retained an attorney and am pursuing my legal options in order to get my refund

Before any one asks, on the Go Native Freediving website, their stated policy is to provide a full refund

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT