• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Going to Cuba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jason Billows

Sep 17, 2002
I'm going to be in Cuba (Cayo Guillermo/Cayo Coco/Pillar Beach area) from July 19 to 26. Any freedivers in the area I can hook up with? Or, any suggestions on good freediving sites in the area?

Jason Billows
Ottawa, Canada

Yeah, I know a guy. Go see a guy named Fidel in Havanna. He usually wears army fatigues, smokes cigars and has a beard. He's also a repressive tyrant who abuses his citizens. Ask him to go freediving with you and once he gets to the deep bottom, just leave him there--he'll be where he belongs.

I hate to sound too idealistic, but there are many other places to go where your money won't contribute to a repressive regime. Nevertheless, enjoy your stay and dive safe.

An exiled Cuban from Miami,

places in cuba.

I accidentally posted a new thread instead of replying to you but just look on the thread "places to go in cuba" and it has where I went in Cuba.
nic

Hi Nic

if you have a spare minute left
would you mind adding your freedive spots in Cuba to www.freedivingspots.net ?
So in the future more freedivers will be able to find them.

Thanks!
jaap

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…