• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Good dive spots in Kauai and Maui?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

malikkci

May 17, 2018
I'm heading down on vacation to Hawaii this month and will be visiting Kauai and Maui. What are the best dive spots on the islands? I'm not looking to go spearfishing or anything too advanced/deep. More just looking to see the local wildlife and reefs (and also dive in water that doesn't require a thick wetsuit - though I love Puget Sound dearly)!

I'm heading down on vacation to Hawaii this month and will be visiting Kauai and Maui. What are the best dive spots on the islands? I'm not looking to go spearfishing or anything too advanced/deep. More just looking to see the local wildlife and reefs (and also dive in water that doesn't require a thick wetsuit - though I love Puget Sound dearly)!

I too love the Puget Sound! But Kauai is quite familiar to me. No wetsuit needed. Anini Beach is the best place to free dive from shore, though you should swim out quite a distance to get to the good edge of the reef. Many fish, turtles, rays to see. Safe to swim and I haven’t seen any sharks though I know they do hang on the edge of that reef. I spear there quite a bit. Awesome place. Huge area to dive. I could spend forever there I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to make sure I get out there for at least one of the days that I'm there.

Anyone suggestions for the south side of the island? (that's where I'll be staying)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to make sure I get out there for at least one of the days that I'm there.

Anyone suggestions for the south side of the island? (that's where I'll be staying)
Amber’s Arches is one of my favorite deeper sites. This dive site can be advanced because of potentially rough surface conditions, and strong currents. The depth range is between 40-80 feet. I saw a good review & more great dive sites on Explore Kauai Scuba website.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT