• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

got a DIVESKINS cammo 5mil

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaun748

Feb 28, 2005
I decided to give the suit a try based on many memebers suggestions to others on another site..
wow..what a good deal and cool looking cammo..fast rturnaround also..looking back at the e-mails he charged my PAYPAL on the 28th, shipped on the 30th and got it this afternoon, the 6th.(less than a 10 day turnaround even with being mailed from Greece).

fits good and looks very good for the price..$139 with the unfortunate $40 shipping, but even so a good deal. water is running 57-58 degrees so unsure if I'll take it out now or wait till it warms up.

15274flying_011-med.jpg

15274flying_012-med.jpg

Shaun,

I've yet to feel one of those. How does it compare to a Picasso? Got a picture of the inside (slick skin)?

His website the prices are $149. How'd you get $139?

only felt a picasso once so I dont remember,,the seams are very clean cut with only a very thin glue line..no stiching goes thru the interior..it is opencell..I got it from his ebay store..the bidd list starts at $139 and buy iy now price is $159..but obviously not a lot of people bidding so I was only bidder on that suit, but he just does that to try and get the $159, it seems since he builds the suit for you so your not actually bidding on the actual suit anyway(just the material and labor)..it is all custom measured.
here is pic of the hood seams..
15274flying_017-med.jpg

Last edited:
Spinal Tap said:
I've yet to feel one of those. How does it compare to a Picasso?
My husband is having a suit from Spiros, I have a picasso, so I will let you know as soon as it comes.

Just paid mine yesterday! Got it on ebay, and am waiting for the suit. A 5mm green camo too. Can't wait to get it!!!!

I have had mine out twice so far and it is very warm,,went out in 53 degree water and stayed warm(with a bit of swimming)..all are rocky shore dives so far and it hasds held up fine and it looks SO COOL I dont even care if it works with the fish...

Well his suit arrived, we're both very impressed with it, softer than my picasso and a better fit! (well on him than mine on me). It certainly seems to be as well, if not better made too, so yes very pleased :) and at the price a bargain, cant wait for mine to wear our so I can get one :)
Our only grouch is that what looks like a loading pad on the photos is actually a non slip pad but had that been an option he would have opted out anyway,so nothing lost, Im sure if you want one Spiros would be more than happy to accomadate you! You only need to ask.

well..

water started to warm up here and i will need to take out of the shell my 1 season old suit,it was 3mm.I wonder if it will fit me :hmm i lost some weight, it was already little lousy from the begining from the waist area but it was good for
respiration anyway i hope i won't need to buy new summer suit. Did spiros highred the price? i bought mine at 100 dollars if i remmember corectly without shipping of course. And it was REAL bargain for that price...

They are 139.00$us on ebay. Still a great deal, hearing customers comments. Still waiting for mine, and I'm going insane to read all the good comments on them. In fact, I haven't read a single bad comments on the product,or the service.

The ice"s beginning to melt down here, so at the moment I put a hand on the suit, I lube it and wear it, and "splash", in the water. No hunting available until 2 weeks, but I'll "freezedive"...

I tried my new Diveskin 5mm wetsuit last wednesday...

Incredible! This is my best 139.00$ investment in life. The fit can't be better, the material is very high quality, and very well made.

I tried it in cold water, and believe me, it was very cold. I was in a river, close to a lake where the ice was still there 8 days ago, and where current is a true test for the fit of a suit. I've been there for 1 1/2 hour, and I never felt anything cold on my body. Water doesn't even get in, as I lubrificated it with water and soap to get in, and when I removed the suit, the soap was still there...

For those who need a spearfishing wetsuit, Spiros is your man!

I got mine from Spearos on Saturday, but I haven't tried it on yet. I just ordered a basic medium, and it at least looks like it fits. But reading what I did here and hearing from others I decided to order from him.

I put in my order for a custom 3mm in Blue camo.

Hope it's as good as everything I've read about them. My 3mm Elios just bit the dust last week, but that was an unlined opencell/smoothskin suit. I think I'm back with lined suits for a while. I should get it in time fro Freedive-A-Palooza.

Jon

Reactions: Alison
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT