• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Great white shark at Catalina Island.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
DAMN!! Somebody needs to get a new wetsuit! That was a pretty decent sized shark, that was!
That music was a bit overkill imo., like jaws kind a thing. The shark was scary enough anyways! :)

DAMN!! Somebody needs to get a new wetsuit! That was a pretty decent sized shark, that was!
That music was a bit overkill imo., like jaws kind a thing. The shark was scary enough anyways! :)

There is more to the story that Chris had already explained in a separate thread before he finally posted the video. He saw the shark and he and Jamie got out of the water. But Jamie wanted to go back in since it might be his only chance to see one. Chris told him he was on his own but after 45 minutes they both went back in the water. Chris's excuse was that there were yellowtail there, but who the hell needs a yellowtail that much?

Anyway, they both got to see it again. I talked to Jamie and he said that maybe once was enough. I sure as hell wouldn't have been back in the water that second time whether I was Chris or Jamie. Jamie is an EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) technician in the US Air Force and has had tours in Afghanistan. Maybe he has a higher than normal tolerance for risk. He dove with me quite a bit last summer when he was just getting started and I recall that the first time I asked him if he had any experience backing boat trailers into the water. He said that he didn't, but he had a lot of experience backing up bomb trailers. He did just fine with the boat trailer.

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
I'm with the guy who hoped it ate a sea lion. The only thing that would scare me worse than a GW that size would be a big Humboldt squid. Get back in the water? Yeah, in my bathtub. With the door locked.

Reactions: Bill McIntyre
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT