• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Great White Shark UK - On TV

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Spaniard, that GWS is real and it's our birthday present for you. Hope you enjoy it in your dives. Ha ha!

Thank you spaghetti, I can't wait to see him in the water :ko I'm going for my first dive of the year next weekend so maybe he'll show up then........

learnt of this at 8pm! and it was shown at 7pm :head

anyone know if its scheduled to be repeated .. most of BBC shows are rofl

if not did anyone record it to DVD?

thanks.

Pav said:
learnt of this at 8pm! and it was shown at 7pm :head

anyone know if its scheduled to be repeated .. most of BBC shows are rofl

if not did anyone record it to DVD?

thanks.

I'm sure it will be repeated. I recorded it to Sky+ if anyone out there knows how to tansfer that to DVD????

Pav, I have a copy i can put to DVD...drop me a PM if you are still after one.

pelagicbeing

Last edited:
I saw it, interesting. Still hasn't put me off going on my first open water dive, I'd rather brave the sharks than go back in my local pool!

I thought it was very good, I was more surprised to see the hammerhead (or what was left of it) being found in british waters.

Great Whites would be here if they wanted to be......

But why should they, I don't like swimming in our seas so why should they:t

HANGGGG ONNNN........

naiad???

1500+ posts and no open water dive???

Sorry, that just really shocked me.

You have got to make the effort this summer

I found it reassuring - especially seeing that brief footage of the Porbeagle, now hopefully i wont jump so much if i am ever fortunate enough for one to let me see it...

PS. Boomstick, in defense of the UK's sea's they are superb! I have been fortunate enough to be able to dive quite a few more tropical climates than the UK, and whilst they have their charms, i just love british waters :inlove ! i like the fact you have to work harder to get close to the fish, which is rewarding in itself, and a good gauge of how your underwater skills are coming on. (not like those brazen holiday fish...all up close without even offering to buy you a drink first! ) and there is nothing quite like wriggling through kelp

Last edited:
pelagicbeing,

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy our waters, but if were a GWS, there's a few other places I'd rather be, both warmer and more abundant with grub

The UK waters are some of the most popular in the world esp. for scubies, due to the staggering about wrecks per mile of coast line. What I don't like about UK diving is having to wear suits, spent a week in Egypt in a rash vest a shorts, only put my suit on for a night dive. I don't like feeling restricted, that why I stopped scuba.

Boomstick said:
HANGGGG ONNNN........

naiad???

1500+ posts and no open water dive???

Sorry, that just really shocked me.

You have got to make the effort this summer
Unfortunately yes. :waterwork

I really do want to go, I have been doing pool training for 3 years now. It's just impossible to find somewhere that's easy to get to from London by train, and that has good shore dives or a rope. I don't want to do any inland diving if I can avoid it. I would also like it to be a day trip if possible.

I want to go even more now that I can't do any more swimming in the pool because of illness caused by chlorine. I'm doing dry statics and soooo bored!

Anyway, I will be out of London in a few weeks, so then if the weather is still good I'll go to Dorset.

if you are scared of sharks you can always come to saltfree - no sharks in the lake (unless you count deepest dave!)

I know where you're coming from but even a lake would be a good place to start, getting used to a suit etc without waves knocking you about.
I'm based in South London and a few of my buddies are based in central london, you could always catch a lift when we pop down to the 'puddle' at Wraysbury and Vobster is going on the menu as well.
PM me if you're interested.

Back on Topic,

How about when the Great White started chowing down on the thresher shark hanging off the side of the fishermens boat. SCARY!!

Last edited:
I saw that bit when I caught the last 10 minutes, that was incredible footage.

Have looked on the bbc site to see when it will be repeated with no joy, so if anyone finds out please post it on here.

cheers

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…