• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Green Laser Shark Deterrent!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Dec 31, 2005
This has got to be worth a bit of discussion?
Search for "Sea Turtle Scuba." (can someone post the hyper link, my computer is not complying)

That's a lot of speculation with no evidence that it has ever been tested for effectiveness. It might work, but for now, I'm with Deep!

I know some spearo's are very good shots but to hit a fast moving shark in the eye with a laser pen......

Imagine a diver being buzzed by a aggressive shark. Fumbles around for the green laser, finds it, then tries to shine the laser into the shakes eyes. The shark either bit you or lost interest by that time.

I am not sold.
The web page diagrams a human eye not a shark eye. Sharks don't have eye lashes.
rofl

Must be an April fools joke.

The line "its infinitely more powerful than a red laser" is just complete garbage.

A green laser of less than 5mW, is just as powerful as a red laser of less than 5mW. :head

Crap man, it would probably work better if you use the torch itself as a blunt object and and use it as a batton. It would work well for a trance party though rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Ha! Same thoughts.. You could use it to jam the sharks mouth open till you thought of something better.. Still Im sure some person will strap one to a speargun and tell us its the way forward.

Its not by the way..:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT