• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

greendiver is back again!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

greendiver

Sea fanatic
May 2, 2005
Hi Guys,
The season is about to finish and I have got time and no bubbles so I can go fishing again!:friday
So I did this morning, the sea gods were with me:friday , I shot 5 small amber jacks in about 5 minutes, I left them on the line so I could reload really fast and stopped at 5.
They were at about 10 meters, went down , espetto for 15 secs, and approached me at full speed....
I saw a nice grouper over 2kg, but I decided last year, to leave the ones under 3kg where they are supposed to be...was a bit hard..:head
Tonight BBQ!!

Reactions: Adrian
Hi, well I have got no pics, they haven been on the BBQ already.
Have a look at a clip I have made it is on scuba, but look at the amberjacks in the beginning!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXFO_H0XpL0]YouTube - Mike van Splunteren season 2008 Punta Dive[/ame]

Reactions: agbiv and spaghetti
Stick with us greendiver, and welcome back. The cold season is next to come and we need to stay united!
A flock of amberjacks like that is a dream for me at this moment. What kind of place was that? (distance from shore, type of shoreline and bottom...). So just to talk a bit and fancy, cause I'm all dried up and landlocked now, but I just bought a new gun and after all it's still amberjack season...

The amberjacks on the video are on this very same spot almost every day!!
Just in front of the Ibiza Harbour, at about 25 meters!!
There are a couple of really big ones...at least 25 kg...
I have promised the divecentre, not to go fishing there....:vangry
Anyways, there is na plague of the smaller ones at the moment, a friend of mine caught 27 of them in less then 30 minutes, using my "new technique...:t
Ok, saludos....

, a friend of mine caught 27 of them in less then 30 minutes....

bah, I must say I don't think your friend has done a wise thing: killing a whole school of young aj's, Jesus Christ, why not a bit of moderation...? Too wrong in my personal opinion (and illegal in my country as for legal bag limits).

(Mike I'm happy you're back in the forum and I didn't want to post anything negative in your come-back thread, but come on, 27 young aj's...I'm sure that you too think your friend went too far).

Hi Spaghetti, ofcourse you are right!
I stopped at 5, enough for a BBQ with a couple of friends, I just wanted to let you guys know how many of these jacks are out here at this moment....
My friend is young, and you are completely right, I will have to chat to him....
Un saludo,

Reactions: spaghetti
Hi Mike. Good to hear from you again. Is it my imagination or has it been a bit quiet on DB lately. Some of the "old guard" seem to have drifted away. So welcome back young man.

Dave

Reactions: spaghetti
Bienvenidos de Texas! Pics my man post pics! :friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT