• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greeting from Minnesota

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BigC

Jul 4, 2010
Hello everyone, just thought I would say hi.

I am in Minnesota right now, grew up on the west coast. I did some diving in the military and was PADI certified in 1994. took a 10 yr hiatus as I just couldn't afford the rental gear, let alone my own. Well with my 13 yr old daughter wanting to be a marine biologist, and with a local dive shop 5 blocks from the house, it was a no brainier. I bought all my own gear 3 weeks ago and have put 6 dives on it already. I did some lone diving in the military so I am looking forward to getting my daughter certified and having a buddy to dive with. I am currently looking into volunteering with my local county's sheriff's dept as a rescue & recovery diver. If I can get on it will be a great way to support my community after leaving my EMS career after 9 yrs and the eventual burnout.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome from Texas! Get her into underwater photography! Aslo we have several really good Marine Bio schools here in Texas!

That's what I hear about the schools..........hey....that will give me an excuse to go deer hunting out there as well!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT