• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

greetings everyone

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

serge-dagher

FREESPIRIT
Nov 16, 2006
hi to all,
i am serge, from lebanon.
i am a new member to this forum, great one too.

don't know exactly what type of freediver i am, but am sure of one thinking, and that is i am a FREEdiver.

good times to all

Bonsoir Serge, et bienvenue :D

Nice to have more Lebanese divers.. there are a few and also some from UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, and Saud Arabia. :)

thanks guys, i hope soon i'll be able to share with you some stories, and photos, cause work is taking much of my time.
anyhow

island_sands let me tell you it's incredible the number of freedivers in lebanon, also spearfishers.
by the way, there's an international spearfishing competition going to take place in lebanon in a couple of months. am working on the documentary and doing a promotional invitation. in case you're interested guys, i'll tell you more on the details, once i get them. by the way, it is the second time that we do this event in lebanon. so it's quite something.

good times y'all

Welcome Serge in DB! I wonder how it looks today with the oil spill damage from the last war. Are the beaches and the sea bed recovering well? Does any big scale clean-up action take place, or is it mostly the nature alone taking care of it? What about the toxicity of the fish and sea food?

well trux, there has been a big scale clean-up, greenpeace members helped the coast guard. and other volunteers helped in as well. i can tell you that the beaches are cleaner than ever, as for the sea beds the majority of the lebanese coast is clean, am saying the majority because in some areas where people can't reach the oil sort of took its time to stick on the rocks but that's all. and one more fact which helped ease the catastrophe is that we have a north sea current, which drives everything up north. so i am guessing we'll be hearing some complaints from trukey and the surroundings. Like you said nature is taking part in it.
as for sea poisoning, i can guarantee it's not, why? every one including me, eating fish that we are fishing (not buying from the market). so thank god it is safe. to swim and eat.

Salut et bienvenue, j'espère que tu me comprends... un de mes meilleurs amis chasseurs est Roger Yazbeck (Picasso America), libanais d'origine. Il m'a rendu de grands services en 2002 à Narraganset, ou à la fin de l'open Picasso mes clefs de voiture sont parties avec une grosse vague, en sortant mon Kayak de l'eau. Hospitalité Méditerranéenne/libanaise..

Hi and welcome on board, Roger Yazbeck is one of my best friend in spearfishing, He's native from Lebanon. Landing my kayak, I lost the key of my car (carried along by a big wave) ad the end of a Picasso Open 2002 in Narraganset, He rendered me a great service. Mediteranean/lebanese hospitality..

Virgili said:
Salut et bienvenue, j'espère que tu me comprends... un de mes meilleurs amis chasseurs est Roger Yazbeck (Picasso America), libanais d'origine. Il m'a rendu de grands services en 2002 à Narraganset, ou à la fin de l'open Picasso mes clefs de voiture sont parties avec une grosse vague, en sortant mon Kayak de l'eau. Hospitalité Méditerranéenne/libanaise..

Hi and welcome on board, Roger Yazbeck is one of my best friend in spearfishing, He's native from Lebanon. Landing my kayak, I lost the key of my car (carried along by a big wave) ad the end of a Picasso Open 2002 in Narraganset, He rendered me a great service. Mediteranean/lebanese hospitality..

it's great to know that there are people who appreciate the mediteranean and especially lebanese hospitality. trust me there's more like roger back in lebanon.
oh and by the way if you want to write in french feel free, cause i do understand and speak french but am a little bit shy because i lack practice.

Alors on peut pratiquer ici.. C'est la même chose pour moi, je peut comprendre le français, mais je n'ose pas (oser?..:confused:) l'utilizer.

Mais je crois qu'écrire en français n'est pas trop courtois vers les autres DBistes.

It very much seems that english just is the lingua franca amongst divers, vacationists, and the likes...

Last edited:
sanso said:
Alors on peut pratiquer ici.. C'est la même chose pour moi, je peut comprendre le français, mais je n'ose pas (oser?..:confused:) l'utilizer.

Mais je crois qu'écrire en français n'est pas trop courtois vers les autres DBistes.

It very much seems that english just is the lingua franca amongst divers, vacationists, and the likes...

hehehe, oui tu a raison, je peux toujours faire mon pratique ici, mais... je suis un peut timid.

well what do you know sanso, it's already working, are you a therapist or something :D

We could start a diving-section of Francophonics Anonymous!

Can’t speak French, come to think of it I’ve got a job to talk proper English.:)
But welcome anyway.

serge-dagher said:
hehehe, oui tu a raison, je peux toujours faire mon pratique ici, mais... je suis un peut timid.

I used to be shy too ;) but that was at school, and as above... you do need practice. rofl

sanso said:
We could start a diving-section of Francophonics Anonymous!

excuser moi sanso, mais je pense que ca va etre "secsion des francophones Anonyms" :D well now that we are practicing french, why not be frenchy all the way

island_sands said:
I used to be shy too ;) but that was at school, and as above... you do need practice. rofl

okieeee, thanks for the encouragment here... hehehe or were you just giving me a compliment in a reverse psychology trick

you know guys and girls, i signed in to this forum to do myself and those around me a gread favor, which is spare them the talk of marine biology, swimming, freediving, spear fishing, and the passion for the deep blue. and yet here i am at DeeperBlue talking about ways to improve my second languages, so am gonna take for granted that we are going to talk of all the above, so therefore i'd like to ask, is there anyone (am sure there is) who would help me practice my spanish?
:friday cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT