• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from California

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DickZipp

Apr 8, 2013
Hi:

I was just doing a search about an old Healthways spear gun I used back in the '60s/early '70s, when I was diving competitively, and came across your forum. I decided to join to follow up on some posts I noticed. So hello to everyone.

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up one of these old guns? They were great back then as a rock gun in kelp and working the rocks and cracks. Because of their size I used them most of the time. My bigger guns hardly ever got wet. My son has inherited my old gun, and I wouldn't mind replacing it. Noone seems to make a mid barrel grip small rock gun anymore.

Would love to hear from anyone who also used these little gems.:t

Welcome to Spearboard. Its good to see someone from California- we don't seem to have many.

I think I may have used one of those Healthways guns for a while in the 60s, but I'm afraid I don't remember anything about it.

Sorry- I must have had a brain fart.

Welcome to DB.

I still use BOTH my Healthways from 1971! Neither are mid handle--carbine style and I'm wouldn't sell or trade for anything short of a 150 ft 3 masted gaff rigged schooner--or--a new Toyota Tacoma crew 4X4. Watch eBay--they pop up every once and awhile. I sold a rebuildable mid-handle about 2 years ago that had no sentimental value to me.

Reactions: Salehthefish
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…