• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Cornwall!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tommykernow

Jul 7, 2014
Hello all!

Havnt posted in here before but was looking for some advice on "salvimar delta foot pockets" I've heard they come up small? I'm a U.K. 9 but am unsure as to purchase the size above (10-11 1/2) as I wear socks. Not the most exciting post but any help would be great thanks.

Hi Tommy, I can't answer you question directly but will make a couple of general points to try and help you:

1. Is SalviMar an American or Italian company ? Are the footpockets they sized in US shoes sizes? If so, you will definitely need a larger numeric size than your UK size (I generally wear UK 11, EU 45 & US 12 - but footwear sizes vary a lot).

2. If you buy them too small, you will need to: return them/sell them on/loose weight/stick them unused in a cupboard/wear them such that they restrict your circulation, making your feet cold/wear them without socks - actually ok in the warmer months, not so much in winter (but your feet shrink in winter, well mine do, so socks might fit then).

3. If you buy them a little large you can always buy thicker neoprene socks to pad them out.

4. Shoes sizes in/on shoes/boxes/bags are notoriously unreliable/inaccurate. Shoe size conversion charts are even less reliable and less consistent (they are cr@p). Although not perfect, I find the EU sizes are generally the most consistent/reliable for most of my needs (i.e. 45).

Size conversion tables: google something like "UK USA shoes sizes" & select "Images" from the menu-bar

e.g. Notice that even these 2 charts are inconsistent (e.g. is UK 11 the same as USA 12 or USA 12.5? EU 45 or 45.5?). DO NOT RELY ON THESE CHARTS (or any other shoe size conversion chart).
4836834.jpg

6690019849_3a7d073e0f_z.jpg

Hi Tommy, I have Salvimar System One fins with foot pockets size 43/44. Normally my foot size is a 42/42.5 depending on shoe brand.

However the 43/44 fit well with 3mm socks

Noel
Malta

Ok finally got them all sorted, thanks for the advice guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT