• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Norway!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dolefin

Mar 17, 2006
Hi everyone. Just signed up as a member a minute ago. I'm into spearfishing. Going out for some hunting tomorrow along the Norwegian west coast, which is were I live. Water temperature is a rather cool 4 degrees celsius. So, no doubt I'll be using my 7mm suit tomorrow.

Cheers!

Hi Dolefin and welcome to DB. What species do you fish there and how long do you manage to stay in the water at those temps?

Adrian

Welcome Dolefin
If you catch anything today, let us all know, some pics would be fantastic.

Adrian said:
Hi Dolefin and welcome to DB. What species do you fish there and how long do you manage to stay in the water at those temps?

Adrian

The place I went to at the weekend is quite good for cod, pollack, wolffish and plaice. The largest fish we hunt is the atlantic halibut.

I was only in the water for an hour. My toes were getting very cold (5mm socks) but the rest of my body was fine (7mm). Need 6-7mm socks at these temperatures (4-5 deg.C).

If you catch anything today, let us all know, some pics would be fantastic.

No catch this time around:) . I'll promise pictures next time. In the meantime enjoy some pictures from this website (english version) http://www.frivannsliv.no/Spearfishing.html This is from my area where there's a lot of spearfishing activity.

Cheers!

Reactions: naiad
Good vis and flatfish! :)

That's my kinda pla(i)ce. :t Nice turbot and pretty decent anglerfish as well. Scallops, cod, coalfish, ling(?), spurdog(?), lobsters and crab.

However no BASS - too cold :vangry .

Might have to visit one day.

Dave

PS We catch anglerfish too.

Last edited:
Old Man Dave said:
Might have to visit one day.

You'd be very welcome:) . There are plenty of great dive spots within an hour from Bergen, which have direct flights from several UK cities. Water temperature of 4 deg.C in March is due to a colder than usual winter in the coastal areas of western Norway. May/June is very good. Plenty of fish, good visibility and a pleasant 15-20 deg.C. Or what about night diving in the autumn for lobster and crab? :)

Ole

Hi dolefin.
I`m in Aberdeen and often in Norway (Bergen, Stavanger and Haugesund)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT