• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Poland!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Piotr R

Jun 27, 2017
Hello fellow divers! I'm Piotr, freediver from Poland, visiting Korea right now :)

I can say I'm real freediver since AIDA 3* course last year, but it was my hobby for many years. Maybe earlier I was more a snorkeler and self-learner (Umberto Pelizzari's book helped a lot ;) ), but due to weather and water conditions in Poland it was only a summer time hobby. But now it became a "full time passion" - I'm diving whenever and wherever I can ;) Good to be among people sharing that interest :)

Speaking of Korea - I'm going to Jeju island this weekend. Anyone heading there too :) ? Maybe you know interesting dive spots there (especially with entry from the shore)? I've checked Google, but there is not too much information in English.

Hello BatRay, thank you for both greeting and a hint. I had already been to Jeju and it was nice. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the islets in the southern part near Seogwipo (such as Moon Island) due to new Korean regulations regarding freedivers and snorkelers. Earlier dive shops had a common license for both this activities and scuba diving, now a separate one is needed. And from what I've learned at Big Blue33 freediving and snorkeling license is quite uncommon. I didn't have enough time to search on my own for a dive shop with a proper license, so I just did some shore diving. I can recommend Oedolgae/ Seonnyeotang (GPS coordinates 33.239596, 126.548854), there is a natural pool there and you can get to open water by diving below a concrete bridge. It is save when the sea is calm.
In case anyone wants to know more details, feel free to contact me :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT