• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from the States

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

FletchHR

Architect/Designer/3D Pro
Mar 28, 2008
I came by spearfishing when visiting my wife's family in Croatia. I fell in love with spearfishing after my first fish, and have gone many times and love it more every time.

Hope I can learn how to get much better with the help of the great folks on this forum. :D

until then... happy hunting!

Welcome to deeperblue, I started spearing in much the same way, that was 34 years ago and I still love the sport. That doesn't make me any exert or anything, I still learn so much from the guys here. What part of the States are you from? You might be able to hook up with some of out members for some hunting trips.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I live in Milwaukee, so on the edge of Lake Michigan... hundreds of lakes, but can't picture myself spearfishing here...

I know of no one that spearfishes here... would be cool to find them!

I left all my gear in Croatia:duh... but I guess it's a good excuse to buy more :D

My US Geography is pretty crap but I'm certain we have a couple of members who spear in your area. Try looking up Fondueset and Jon

I gathered Wales. :D it was the 'riviera' that had thrown me off. :D
how's visibility there? does it ever get warm enough you don't need a wetsuit? Even in Istria I usually have a wetsuit (with shorts and short sleeves)... but I go before tourist season... imagine in Aug. suit unnecessary.

Last edited:
rofl sorry, north Wales on a small island called Anglesey. The vis is poor most of the time but it does clear up spectacularly around the end of July sometimes, on a good day we can get well over 50ft. People do swim here without wetsuits but there is no way you could hunt without one, far to cold :(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT