• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from the Sunshine Coast BC Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dharmapunk5

Mar 24, 2018
Greetings. I just got my basic open water certification last summer. I am loving the sport, and the diving up here in the north is fantastic. Looking forward to getting to know other divers and get questions answered here.
I live on a 37' sailboat at anchor year round, and dive from our 11.5' dinghy. No need for a dive boat to get to the site makes it pretty easy.
Cheers,
Todd

Greetings. I just got my basic open water certification last summer. I am loving the sport, and the diving up here in the north is fantastic. Looking forward to getting to know other divers and get questions answered here.
I live on a 37' sailboat at anchor year round, and dive from our 11.5' dinghy. No need for a dive boat to get to the site makes it pretty easy.
Cheers,
Todd
Welcome aboard, we are kinda neighbours, I live on a 41 foot sloop May till October, based in Lund at Jacks and I too have an inflatable, system works pretty well doesn’t it? Spend a lot of time in the greater Desolation sound area, my boats name is Po Chai, black hull, long overhangs, Rhodes design give me a shout if you see me out there, cheers.

Reactions: dharmapunk5
Welcome aboard, we are kinda neighbours, I live on a 41 foot sloop May till October, based in Lund at Jacks and I too have an inflatable, system works pretty well doesn’t it? Spend a lot of time in the greater Desolation sound area, my boats name is Po Chai, black hull, long overhangs, Rhodes design give me a shout if you see me out there, cheers.

Thanks for saying hello! My partner and I are on a 37' Cooper Seabird Pilothouse. She's creme colored with a green stripe just under the rail-cap, green sail cover and green cover enclosing the cockpit. Will keep an eye out for you on the water.
Todd

Hi Todd, just got back from a hiatus. Welcome to the forums, belated though I might be :)

I used to liveaboard in San Diego, but have moved back on land. My boat was a Nelson Marek 41. Cool boat, but very uncomfortable as a liveaboard. Might still be out there if we had chosen a better boat, but no big deal. It was a worthwhile experience.

Howdy and thanks for the welcome. Our boat is a great live aboard (which is why we bought it) and an OK sailor. But we're cruisers so not looking to get anywhere in a hurry. I just picked up my study materials for my advanced open water course, very excited about that. I do my dives to qualify at the end of the month. I'm really, really enjoying diving. Long term plan is to maybe get on the instructor track.

Cheers,

Todd

Hi Todd, just got back from a hiatus. Welcome to the forums, belated though I might be :)

I used to liveaboard in San Diego, but have moved back on land. My boat was a Nelson Marek 41. Cool boat, but very uncomfortable as a liveaboard. Might still be out there if we had chosen a better boat, but no big deal. It was a worthwhile experience.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT