• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings.. looking for suggestions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CatalinaSPS

Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone,
Hola a todos,
My name is Kate and I am fairly new to freediving. A little about me: I was a competitive swimmer in elementary through high school. I fell into freediving accidentally about 10 years ago when I went to visit my friend in Roatan, whose boyfriend (now husband) owned a dive shop. I could have taken scuba diving classes there for free, but I didn't want to waste any of the precious little time I had on the island sitting in a classroom. After my friend taught me how to equalize the pressure in my ears, I realized I could go down as deep or deeper than the beginning divers but without all the gear. Years later, I found out this is called "freediving" =) Unfortunately, money, family obligations and limited vacation leave from work have prevented me from exploring freediving much more. However, nexr week I am returning to Roatan and in July I will be going to the Riviera Maya hoping to snorkel with whale sharks off Isla Holbox, snorkel/freedive in some cenotes, and visit Cozumel.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good point and shoot underwater camera? I am not at all a photographer, so I am hoping for something pretty easy to use but able to capture high quality photos in different lighting.
Has anyone been freediving in the sites I mentioned? Any good suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Kate

One way to take underwater photos that is generally fairly inexpensive is to buy a universal underwater case that is adjustable to most small modern digital cameras, like a canon cool pix for example. Seashell makes one that fits or can be adjusted to most popular compact digital cameras. Simple, and I’m sure with various filters etc, etc you can get way better shots, but lots of fun.

Reactions: CatalinaSPS
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT