• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

greetings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

hza

Jan 18, 2005
Hello everyone. I registered here a while back but never really spent much time in the forums, so my introductory post is a little late. Anyway, I'm a rec diver living in Taiwan, haven't seen too many people from there here so maybe my participation helps diversify the board a little bit. I've enjoyed reading around the forum, and look forward to being more active here.

cheers,

hza

ooooooo Taiwan that seems like a fun place!!!!!!!!! are you from USA? if not what is your native country??

have FUNN~~
matt

Thanks guys,

No, I'm not from here, but I've lived here enough time I guess that I call it home. But originally I'm from the US.

There is some diving in Taiwan, but so far I've only been to the most travelled area in the south, and it's not pretty. Taiwan doesn't do a good job of protecting natural resources, imo, and I get the feeling they aren't very serious about training responsible divers, or even about who they let down there. I've never been asked for any credentials in any of the dive shops I've been to.

So anyway, in the places I've been, there's nothing but sand around the shore area, but if you take a boat ride out there's at least one coral wall out there, oddly enough near the nuclear power plant, but absolutely no fish. I mean nothing, not even sea stars. Supposedly there are some small islands that are just opening up for diving, but I'm afraid that if they don't get serious about protecting these areas, there won't be much to see there for long, if there is now--lot of Taiwanese dudes in diving suits running around with cyanide, I think, because saltwater aquariums have gotten really popular in the last few years and there seems to be no shortage of exotic fish in the shops--or in seafood restaurants, for that matter. Well, I don't know really, but something's going on out there.

Hopefully I'll get out to one of these islands soon and I'll have some better news to report.

Thanks for the welcome!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT