• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Grey Hound Boat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cece

Froggy in the water...
Dec 3, 2003
Hi,

I've just bought my first boat, a 4.5m rigid inflatabel boat.

IT is from Grey Hound and people said that it is a south african brand.

So, my question is:

does anyone know this brand and where I could find some information??

Cheers

Hiya

Congrats on the new boat!!!

I've not heard of that make before. Could possible be that the manufacturers rename their boats for the export markets. Do you have any more info or photo's??

Regards
miles

cece salud
Congratiolatins for your new boat
i heard about sa inflatble boat named match ???!!!!
maybe its the other name for selling out of sa

Hiya

Ok, i know Prestige's boats. Very well made!!!! Great BUY!!!!

You've got yourself a solid, reliable and VERY sea-worthy rib.

What motor do you have at the back?? Or must you still acquire one??

I had a 4.7m Semi Rigid Gemini, which looks very similar to the pictures posted above. Ran EASILY with 4 BIG spearo's and kit with a single 40hp 2stroke 2cylinder Yamaha. Wasn't very fast though, but would plane very easily with all that weight. I stuck another 40hp onto the boat and it turned out to be horrible!! Too much weight on the transom. The boat also started banging the living daylights out of you!!! Was FAST though!! :D

That size boat is PERFECT for 3 spearo's. Light on fuel, easily towable with ANY vehicle and so light, that 3 guys can easily lift it off the trailer and carry it down to the water, making launching at ANY PLACE very easy!!! Also due to it being a rib, you'll have a supremely stable dive platform!!! All in all, great choice!!!

HAVE FUN!!! :D

Regards
miles

Last edited:
at the moment i've no motor but an old 25hp 2 strokes/cylinders Evinrude.

I will certainly buy a bigger motor in the next months but, for this time, I will use the small one.

Regards

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT