• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Grouper Curry mmmmmm

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marwan

Gear Buying addict
Supporter
Sep 3, 2005
looks like these days the sea is being generous to yours truly...on friday i had a super day..caught 6 groupers, 1 bream and 1 snapper...since we were a group and others were getting together for lunch later on ( i couldnt join) i thought id be polite and not take all the fish, so only took the bream for my dad and a couple of groupers for me and the wife :) next step...EAT IT while its still fresh!!

Introduction:
I filleted the fish and deskinned..getting to large fillets from each fish which were then cut into cubes (not too small)...
the head and remaining bones of the fish were used to make fresh fish stock (but thats a whole other thing)

Ingredients:
1 - The fish cubes
2 - a can of coconut milk (400ml)
3 - tablespoon of vegetable oil
4 - 1 onion halved and sliced thin
5 - ground tumeric
6 - ground cumin
7 - salt and pepper
8 - fresh ginger (peeled and cut into thin strips)
9 - FOR PODGE: One red chilli pepper cut sliced (seeds in of course podgy)
10 - 1 cup basmati rice
11 - chopped parsley (for serving)

method
season the fish cubes with salt and some ground tumeric (around one tablespoon) also add a pinch of cumin

1 - start cooking the rice, 2 cups of water for each cup or rice ( i used the fresh stock instead of water but regular water is fine) just add some salt, leave in the pan on low heat and cover ( check every once in a while and stir)
2 - Once the rice is on its way start with the curry
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and then add the onion slices
- add some little salt and stir until the onions start to soften
- toss in the ginger and the chilli and stir some more (about 2 minutes)
- in a seperate bowl add the coconut milk , 1 ladel of stock (make sure its hot) and add some water (about a ladel) also make sure its hot
- add the content of this bowl to the pan and heat through...also add some more tumeric and cumin at this point

- toss in the fish cubes and coat well with the curry
the fish should cook in about 5- 7 minutes

turn off the heat and toss in the parsley at the last second

pour te curry in a serving bowl and serve next to the basmati rice...ENjoy!!!!!

P.S. i found this to be a perfect summer dish the heat from the dish actually cools your body down a bit...was a really cool feeling...
now i need some green tea to digest

Reactions: podge
Seeds and all you say I don’t mind a bit of heat but not blow yer head off hot.:D
Fair play to you mate you have been having it good lately and the recipes have been coming thick and fast (and very tasty).:p:p
The best I’ve done of late was to see my mate pick up a golf ball and then he put it back saying it was to small.roflrofl
Keep um coming mate.:)

Reactions: Marwan
im off to the med north coast next weekend, time to harass some of the fishies i left to grow all of last year :) roll on summer :)

I copied that ya Marwan....will be trying your recipe next time around ...... but hurry from the Noth Coast before the new Reef goes dry.....remember...the 110 Reef Pro is here

Cheers,
Ihab

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT