• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guadeloupe (French Caribbean): Buddy needed

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ApneaChamp28

Mar 25, 2015
Hi

I am off to Guadeloupe for 3 weeks, on 19 July 2015. Need a buddy willing to dive 3 or 4 or more times a week. I would leave early morning to dive from 0800 - 1100 (in ocean time) most mornings. Alternatively, we could do a few longer days instead - up to you. I trained with the Solomons years ago. I am a good diver and experienced. I am very very strict on safety with the one up one down system, face to face resurface from approx 15 metres minimum (buddy meet on way up system).

Illustrative of my abilities is the fact that I trained a complete novice in Egypt up to a 30 metre standard within four days. As well as breathe up, kick cycles, hydrodynamic form etc., I drilled him in safety intensively for three of those days, and on the last day of our 16 day holiday, experienced a blackout due to diving while dehydrated (Only mistake I have ever made: Never again!). His training kicked straight in and he recovered me from approx. 13 metres without issue. In his words: "You trained me so intensively in safety it was just a muscle memory when I retrieved you. I didn't even have to think about it." My training works. I am not an instructor but I can get you to a safe standard so a total novice is still welcome and I will happily teach them what I know if they in turn are willing to buddy up. Alternatively, if you are experienced even better, we can learn from each other or if you are awesome, I will shut up and just watch and learn :)
Stats: 36 metres max dive depth so far (2005)/ 6:35 Static/
We would be diving the Basse Terre area of Guadeloupe. Dolphins apparently frequent the area too.
Feel free to contact me whatever your questions. (NB: There is an Apnea school there as well if you wanted qualified tuition.)

Reactions: John B Griffith Jr
Hey Everyone
I am off to Guadeloupe French Carribean on Sat 17 July (This Saturday). If anyone is gonna be ther or knows a freediver or two who lives there, email me as so far I am buddyless and diving alone aint a good thing! Like I said, don't worry if you have limited or no experience, I am a good teacher and you'll love it. Crossing my fins.....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT