• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Got in for a dive this evening with Ed, Edd and Brandon.
Glad the weather is a bit calmer than last week. We went west and were greeted with half decent vis and calm conditions. Saw a decent selection of species including a few small turbot which Edd has on camera so will hopefully post. Bass were everywhere this evening. Found a small but legal plaice sitting on top of the sand which was left and then later in the dive a bigger one which was completely buried except for its eyes. This one came home with me and weighed in at 2lb 11oz so not to shabby at all. Haven't seen many decent sole around this year though! Wonder why....
Also took a couple of nice sized red mullets.
Nice dive with great company, cheers guys.

Last edited:
Monday evening dive with Edd...

20171113-gh1125-squid725.jpg 20171113-gh1125-00.jpg

Good dive but a little murky and that got the brain thinking about what was lurking. Found some fish and squid so all worked out in the end. Gilthead was 47cm / 2lb 7oz / ~1125g.

In again last night with K, B & E.

20171115-1kg-lob03.jpg 20171115-1kg-lob05.jpg

Found a nice lobser (1kg). Found a pair with Edd that seemed to be fighting, Edd grabbed one to have a look but ended up being too small - he grabbed another larger one on the way in - nice one!

Saw black bream, squid, red mullet ... more red mullet ... even more red mullet. I stopped at 3 and everyone had a decent catch.

The gar were a bit of a nuisance and I got jabbed in the mouth - Edd took revenge and shot one. Quite a few bass about, I took a medium sized one as did Brandon and we left the rest. I think Edd saw some lunkers but settled on a decent pollock. Kerin's plaice was nice but we didn't really see too many flat fish. Strange?

Guys, we will be offering a little Christmas cheer at the party house on the 24th of December 3pm - 7pm.
Come and wish us a happy Christmas while enjoying the fire & atmosphere while having a warm drink.
Sparkly attire welcome!
Just pop in or stay a while....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT