• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gun length fake by OMER

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Today i measured my 100cm Alluminium's length just for curiosity. My old gun was 86cm gun. I measured it also before had sold it. I measured the length from the where bands screw to the muzzle.The length from there to the first notch was 76cm and to the second notch it was 86cm. When i measure Alluminium today i saw its 85cm to the first notch and 95cm to the second notch!?!

I also noticed that with 75cm T20. I am wondering whats goin on. I thought i get 100 cm Alluminium but its actually 95.

thats interesting my cressi has the stated lenght from the screw to the 2nd notch

I think so... How many cm is the second notch aligned from the spear lock housing?

or can you measure the second distance of second notch from the nearest end of the spear?

100 is the length of the barrell. If you take of the muzzzle and handle the tube should be exactly 100cm long.

Old Cressi guns used to be slightly different in size. My Apache 90 was about 95.

I took the picture from another site. I think most manufacturers claim the gun size as shown in the picture..

Attachments

• euro_rubber_tech2.gif
    euro_rubber_tech2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 537
measuring from notch differs from spear to spear.

Then why old OMERs size is different than that? I thought most companies measure it from the muzzle screw to the second notch. 100 cm euro gun should have 100cm band strech. My old OMER was like this, as memo said his comanche is measure from screw to the second notch. My shaft is original 6.3mm that came standart on it so no problem with the shaft. May be OMER just changed its measuring style but i was not aware of this.:hmm

Last edited:
I think Omer has tried to make everything a bit OFF the standard measurements so you have to stick to Omer parts on your gun.
Everyone makes 90-100-110 and Omer makes 86-96-106 just to screw things up. The threads on their bands in also different to all the other brands.

I can understand that they want from people to use theirs original parts such as bands muzzle etc... So they are free to produce different kind of bands, different threads, even they are free to make their unique trigger mech to hold only omer shafts BUT if they announce their's gun is 100 cm then i expect to have gun that has 100cm band strech like all the other speros and old omer users. If you update your measuring standarts then you have to inform your costumers in one way.,

BTW i get Cressi 6.5mm shaft for my 75cm gun i noticed that the distance from the second notch to the end of the shaft is shorter then omer shafts so the second notch is too close to the trigger housing. I may need to file the trigger house in order to use second notch. But its too far anyway...

What the!!!

Hey Murat,

Sounds to me like Omer gave you some extra cm on your old "100". I think you should call and complain about the extra energy you've had to spend loading this gun:head Perhaps it balances out with the shorter one:duh Or maybe your measuring tape is off, maybe a trip to the bureau of weights and measures is in order to have your tape checked.:hmm

Hope it all works out for you, I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Cheers, Guy

Reactions: Shadowkiller
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT