• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

gun names

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

johnnymustard

Jun 5, 2002
anyone here name their spearguns?
my beuchat is named "stick it in the fridge"
my homemade gun is"the hammer"
my brothers gun is named "last kick"
my other brothers gun is named "closer please"

Hi John,

I put my own name ( US$25.00 factory option/done up ) on both my Riffes. The idea is that since all my gang uses the same Riffes, we don't get confused which is whose. It is no fun checking whose gun it is if there are like at least 6 of the same kind/model all rigged the same.

If one day I loose a gun during some sort tug-of-war with a fish, who knows some fisherman will try to locate me and return me my gun..........OK.....for a decent reward. :D :D Why didn't I put my phone nuber too...:duh

Also since a teak stock Riffe is like a piece of fine furniture and need oiling all the time, it is not so "comfortable" for me to place stickers here and there. So the factory "Burnt-in" option to put a name is better. Some of my friends placed their nicknames.

BTW, where are u located ? Ur posting time indicated that u r probably not in the US mainland.

Cheers,
IYA

I am wondering if Riffe can engrave names on MT series guns?

Sounds like not possible:duh

Hi Murat,

They do, but only if you have the teak add on wings, not on the aluminum. Any engraver can do that 4 you on the aluminum but the anodizing coat will be bye-bye.

IYA

my riffe competitor #1 is named "maxine"

the current name for my omer master is "mrs. potato head" :D because i haven't finished rearranging all the pieces on it yet. she's still going through muzzle changes, band changes, handle changes, reel/floatline changes, etc to find out what suits her/me best. :eek:

andrsn

Well I finally got my first spear gun but I didn't go with the short gun like you suggested andrsn. The one I found has this really neat barrel that cuts down the drag when you swing the gun on target. I also found this great place on the lake that has tons of large carp. I find it one day when I was kayaking around looking for place to try my new gun. It's a motor yacht marina that has a wall around it with single entery and exit . The wall keeps down the wake from passing boats and the richies never take there boats out so water stays really clear. Some boats have auto feeder that feed the carp. It was alot of fun setup up ambushs on the carp. This is great prictice untill I can dive deep enough to do ocean hunts. Oh it took some practice to get those 20's coc'd n loc'd everytime to. I never heard a spear fun fired under water but it was really cool to shoot and hear the spear thaaap into the fish. I just need to stop getting so excited when I get the fish in my sight wait for the right second to pull the trigger. It's killing my breath hold time, it's like I'm getting fish in my sights fever or something.

Oh and I named my gun - "ONE SHOT - ONE KILL"

here is a pic of my gun

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty freakin wild, i'd say. :D how long is it? jay styron has a few escalapez's. he seems to like em. where'dya get it? mind me asking how much?

Blade,

Damn !!! this gun of yours look so High Tech. Real cool. I bet swinging those skeleton frames in the water is really fast !!!
Is the pistol grip adjustable too, looks like it. Probably this gun can be dismantled into small pieces 4 transport. How much u paid 4 it ??

What size rubber u got and what is the max rubber it can take.

Congrats, you made a real sexy choice:cool:

IYA

Here is the webpage that find the gun at http://www.scubaland.fr/index.php3?newlang=2

you can laugh but it's 100cm but I'm the kind that likes a short gear list so I was aiming for gun with good power once I make it to the big boy pond to hunt.

I paid 153.86us the shipping was 18us. I have plans on getting a reel for it sometime in the future. I know over kill but it's want I want.

Blue water sniper is here to stay, well in my case green water sniper!:t

BladeRunner

p.s. I could also get T4 head for it later and have to two sets 16's or even two sets of 20's and really put the spear down range! :D

Last edited:
No way Blade, I did not laugh. I realy like the look of it. Anything this high tech looking turns me on, I am serious. I'll look at the www now, Thanks.

IYA

Riffe Personalized = Name on Gun

Murat,

This is how Riffe engraved a name on the teak stock/parts. This is my friend's gun which happened to be with me. Just to let you know how it looks like. Well, maybe worth the money , maybe not.... ur call.

IYA

Grips

That Riffe has nice grip on it, It almost looks like a Hogue finger groove revolver pistol grip that I have on Bullseye match revolver I use for competitions. I bet that feels great in the hands when your in the water with it. I wish my new gun had a grips like that. :)

BladRunner

BR, .... personally, i think the riffe handles are a bit too narrow. my favorite grip is the rob allen cause it's nice and beefy. riffe trigger mechs on the other hand... rock.

later

Anderson is right. For my short fingers Riffe handle is not my favourite, especially at high power recoil like 350 pounds of rubber pull and above. I feel I could not grip it a 100%.

IYA

JB Esclapez TRIAXX

Hi BladeRunner,

Can you take a picture of that new Imersion TRIAXX from top, so we can take a look at the shaft guides...
And can you tell us more how the gun is performing?
Looks REALLY neat and I was thinking of getting one of those whenever they start selling them here, but we all know that more parts - less durability.

Thanks!

Nice

Nice looking gun Blade. Darn, now theres another one I've got to get. I've got 3 esclapez's and I love them. I think you'll enjoy yours.
Jay

Jay Do happen to have the wegpage for JB Esclapez in the US and I'm looking for reel line that's about 1.5 mm. I want to run the line straight to the spear and by pass the mono shooting line if that's possible. Any help anyone?

BladeRunner

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT