• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

gun purchase

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

groats

pelogic thinker
May 1, 2003
I'm going to buy a new gun and I'm well informed about the different models available. The only problem is that i don't know where to buy a gun for a good price (incl shipping to switzerland). As for now, the only option is diveinn for their prices and shipping reliability and ease of paying but the only gun that suits my needs and i can afford there is a cressi comanche 100. Nothing wrong with this gun, but i thought about a picasso century 100 as well, beuchat mundial or an omer excalibur 100.

I live in switzerland and there is simply no place to get equipment in this country. Shipping costs a lot, taxes 'n stuff is hilarious because i normally pay twice the admin costs compared to the actual tax.

>>>Oh, and, although this may sound stupid, if anyone has one of the above guns to sell (used), i'd be only too happy to trade.

I don't need a brand new gun. Just something that works until i have the cash for a totemsub... I am a student and will only be able to dive sea waters for max 3 weeks a year, the rest is freshwater where it is forbidden to hunt.

Any help appreciated, thanks JOE:)

I can recomend these people
http://www.apnea.co.uk/
They are really good, always hassle free but I dont know about the tax stuff from Jersey to Switzerland. Im sure you'll get plenty of other recomendations within the day :)
Ali

Reactions: groats
I know these people and they seem to be a good option. Taxes are not actually the main problem, the administration costs really are a pain. Thanks anyway.

The idea of the used gun is what i opt for...

Joe

I think you're right and i should get some answers to this. At least conidering what it looks like when some guys here post pictures of 'their collection'. Some have more guns than an average spearo shop, so there must be a spare one for me somewhere....

Hoping, Joe

Oh, i forgot. As i really am a beginner i'd have to buy a knife, stringer, dive weights ect. as well so i have to save money wherever i can. There's no use of buying all necessary gear and then having no more cash to actually make it to the sea.

joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT