• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gun sights!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Dec 31, 2005
I have just brought a crazy looking spear gun from E Bay. In anticipation of its arrival I wonder if anyone has any idea what it is all about? Spear is underneath, looks like a sight is viewed through the barrel, how does the trigger work upside down? a fishing reel! I thought it might be designed to shoot out of water, maybe aimed at Carp from river bank or something? Cant imagine it will be much use to me? but I just had to have a close look (more money than sense) Thanks Mr X for putting me on to it!

Attachments

• P1020291(1).JPG
    P1020291(1).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 184
  • P1020290(1).JPG
    P1020290(1).JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 199
sounds like it would be interesting for hunting.. hmn.. put eyesight to mask, pull trigger.. sounds like you'll get some nice hits on your mask :)

Crazy gun! I wonder if someone built it or if it was manufactured by a company? surely this is the only one?

HI Mart - Dave mentioned this - looks like the spare parts from a speargun, a pogo stick and the handle off a hacksaw ! But hey if it works then it could be a keeper :)

Ed

Lets hope the trigger works Ed, especially if you are swimming in front of me!

Look closely and tell me if you see, or there is any mention of two triggers. Some small manufacturers have experimented with over and under guns. I friend of mine in Palm Beach back in the early 1990's had a beautiful, locally mass produced gun that was an over/under.

Jim

:)

Thanks for a more positive response Jim. I don't actually have the gun in my possession as yet. Maybe I have not wasted my money?

If Jim is right, all you'd need is a better reel and you'd have a rather decent setup. Admittedly the shape is odd but if it works . . . ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT