• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Haiti - Spearfishing?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
rumors at the moment that I'll be working in Haiti soon... anyone know what the spearfishing is like?

Hi Amphib, you do get around.

Never been there, but I've heard that inshore is supposed to be pretty grim, extreme overfishing. Pelagics might be real good if you know where to go.

If you get there, let us know how it went.

Connor

will do. it's about 90% right now I'll be moving there end of the month...

I am a commercial diver and i can tell you that if we were diving in that water it would be a HAZMAT (hazardous materials) meaning we would be wearing suits that dont let us get wet and have locking gloves and neck dams...It would also take about 15mins to clean us and decontaminate when we get out.

This is because the suers and water systems would be messed up.
So that shitys vis is quite literal!!!!

You may want to stick to commercial diving as you are showing your ignorance and limited knowledge about the waters of Haiti. Haiti has some of the most pristine beaches in the world and your uncalled for attack on the island reveals your warped mind. You should get out more. Millions of people (tourists and natives) swim in Haitian waters and beaches every year and the waters are as safe as anywhere else. Fed up with losers like you you would like to attribute everything bad to those who are perceived as poor or in need. Go away!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT