• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Halcyon Pioneer BC? can i buy it?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

will_tekkie

Nov 24, 2002
Hi Dear friends...Christmas is coming...and i´ve been thinking to buy a new halcyon pioneer wing to be used rigging singles....Have you had both ( dive rite recwings and Halcyon Pioneer) in order to have a first hand objetive comparison between both?. I usually dive with a rec wings/backplate combination and it´s ok....I´ve been hearing a lot about pioneer wings but i´ve never had one. The most "DIR" divers appears most like halcyon´s marketing staff...so i´ll be grateful on objetive opinions ( pioneer isn´t too cheap considering it´s single tank BC)...

thanks...

I have one of the 27# wings and love it for singles.

I also own a couple of the Diverite wings. I like the Diverite for doubles because they are all the same shape as the Halcyon doubles wings- at half the price!!

When it comes to singles, the Halcyon has The advantage over the Recwing because of its shape. It is a complete circle of air. This allows the air to flow freely anywhere in the cell that it needs to go. That makes it much nicer when taking head down photos of small things in the reef.

Diverite does make a small travel wing that is a complete circle also, but it only works on their Transpac. I got rid of my Transpac a few years ago due to its increased size and bulk compared to a backplate- I never used it with doubles. A friend of mine rigged her Diveirte travel wing to work with her backplate, but it was a lot of work to put it together when Halcyon already makes one.

I would highly recommend a Pioneer wing for singles. I haven't found a better single tank BC.
Now, if they would just make their 18# wing in the circular style, I would have bought that one instead.

JON

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT