• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hallo from Aruba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AuAlex

Jul 25, 2011
Hallo to all :wave

Just joining this great informative page. I'm im going to tell you guys a about me.Im a spearo from Aruba.Aruba is a small island surrounded by crystal clear water.I spent most of my time @the beach,spearfishing,freediving,bodyboarding,scubadiving or just chilling @the beach.sinse childhood i practice freediving, though I do that for long time. I didn't achieve nothing special during that time.I started underwater videography(freediving)@ late 2008 and i learned how to stalk fish to get very close to the fish to get some close up shots.In 2009 a friend came from spain,and he introduced me to underwater hunting.I started with polespear.I hunted with polespear for about one month. Then my dad gave me his rene cavalero arbalete champion speargun:friday .The gun is great and shoot nice has many story's and history to it, and the gun is very sentimental to me.Since then i practice spearfishing. the gun was good for reefs and caves in the biginning,but i want to shoot some game fish in the blue water or @ the nort coast there the sea is rough. i used to practice bodyboarding @ the nort coast .so i now the spots very well .so i was looking for a 7mm spear but cant find non so i bought the 175cm 8mm spear.it was a pain for me to modify the gun.now the gun barrel is 130cm with 2*16mm rubber bants.i find that the gun doesn't shot so fast.if i put 1 more bants the barrel might experience barrel flex. not to mention the recoil. so i decided to build my self a woody gun and a trigger mechanism. i would really appreciate some advice and some tips and information . And my current buttom time now is @ +/- 60 -90sec underwater hunting.my deepest free dive is 70ft.Thnx:friday

Last edited:
Reactions: Dillon
Hello and welcome on DB... Was nice to know your having good time there in water...

Keep safety first and all best

Welcome to DB.

That is a tough gun, I still have mine, beat almost to death, but still capable.

Check out the Hunting Equipment forum. Lots of gun builders on there.

Connor

Hallo to all :wave

Just joining this great informative page. I'm im going to tell you guys a about me.Im a spearo from Aruba.Aruba is a small island surrounded by crystal clear water.I spent most of my time @the beach,spearfishing,freediving,bodyboarding,scubadiving or just chilling @the beach.sinse childhood i practice freediving, though I do that for long time. I didn't achieve nothing special during that time.I started underwater videography(freediving)@ late 2008 and i learned how to stalk fish to get very close to the fish to get some close up shots.In 2009 a friend came from spain,and he introduced me to underwater hunting.I started with polespear.I hunted with polespear for about one month. Then my dad gave me his rene cavalero arbalete champion speargun:friday .The gun is great and shoot nice has many story's and history to it, and the gun is very sentimental to me.Since then i practice spearfishing. the gun was good for reefs and caves in the biginning,but i want to shoot some game fish in the blue water or @ the nort coast there the sea is rough. i used to practice bodyboarding @ the nort coast .so i now the spots very well .so i was looking for a 7mm spear but cant find non so i bought the 175cm 8mm spear.it was a pain for me to modify the gun.now the gun barrel is 130cm with 2*16mm rubber bants.i find that the gun doesn't shot so fast.if i put 1 more bants the barrel might experience barrel flex. not to mention the recoil. so i decided to build my self a woody gun and a trigger mechanism. i would really appreciate some advice and some tips and information . And my current buttom time now is @ +/- 60 -90sec underwater hunting.my deepest free dive is 70ft.Thnx:friday
Awoo! I am from aruba also! Sa caba blessings

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT