• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

has the 'like' feature disappeared?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Correct. The feature is no longer available. It is part of a wider initiative I'm working on around integrating the forums with social networks rather than our own like system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: apneaboy
It's a shame - I understand why you are doing it but I liked having our own like button (would have been even better if it was more unique but still).

Why did you have to remove it though? You could have kept it and posted an event to FB through the social graph api (for those you are on Facebook and want to post it there too) and it would still have worked for the rest who are not on FB. You can even make up your own verb these days with the API if you wanted something different than 'like'

Simos - unfortunately it's down to the developers of the plugins - we have no money or resources to develop our own extensions so have to rely on 3rd parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, Stephen, nothing against the change as long as everyone gets a beer for each ten likes we've got. I mean those that are gone now.

As I'm just down the road, I'll just pass by to collect my pints, thanks :)

Seriously it was a good feature, the posts look a bit bare without the likes and especially for discussions it was useful to be able to express who is agreeing with whom etc

And it was taken so suddenly from us, I had started to bang my iPhone on the wall thinking it was its fault hahaha the drama of it all :)

What the smurf giveth the smurf taketh away

It's hard simos, but you'll get over it buddy

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT