• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Have a look at this Bad Boy - Marrow+Mullet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pav

Nov 1, 2005
My wife feels the same way about Marrows as she does Mullet
(incoming! ... rofl)

Anyway ;

Scoop out Marrow (Homegrown). Poach in milk with your Mullet fillet (skinned).
Fry some onions and garlic up.
Add to Marrow and Mullet.
Drain and stuff ya Marrow.
Sprinkle with cheese to make it look like a pizza :t
Oven Bake for 10 mins.

Attachments

• M1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 277
Pav, what a great recipe.
Quick and easy, right up my street.
Have some Rep.

Hmmm . . . I happen to have some marrow (we call 'em zucchini) and some frozen tilapia fillets. Ought to work.

Reactions: Pav
Well I like marrow (didn't as a child), mullet, cheese and onion - so that's something I plan to try. We've had good marrows the last few years too, so marrow recipes are most welcome. Thanks Pav

Thats funny Mr X, I also detested marrow as a kid. Now I love it. Wierd.

and for desert ,

120g unsaqlted butter
125ml sunflower oil
100g castor sugar
200g soft brown sugar
3 eggs
130ml milk
350g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
4tnsp cocoa powder
450g courgettes peeled + grated
1tsp vanilla extract.

butter, oil and sugars and beat.
beat in eggs and then milk
sift dry ingredients together and fold in
stir in courgettes and vanilla
spoon into baking tray lined with baking paper
bake at 190c for 35 - 45 mins
cut into squares

NOT MINE! , and not tried it yet, but after the Mullet success a mate at work gave me this one from a Riverford leaflet.

My girlfriend loves her baking and has recently been making muffins and cakes with courgettes.

Personally I view all courgettes & marrows with a high degree of suspicion and distrust although when presented in muffin-form, I can make an exception!

Reactions: Pav
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…