• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Heading to London

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aus-Matty

Oct 9, 2005
Hey all.
Heading to london for an unknown length of time in a couple of days, hopefully a few months.
I am from western Australia a keen spearo/freediver
Am keen for some pool training what is the best way to go about it? is there a few groups around?

Cheers

Matty

don't be a wuss! train out of the pool as well

www.saltfreedivers.com - about 2 hours from London and lots of people come from there so lifts are usually possible

Sam

Cheers sam that looks sweet, im gonna line that up for sure,
Ta for the pool info as well

is there a minimum age to gain access to the salt free quarry, i am 16 and have qualifications for PADI such as Advanced Scuba diver/ rescue diver
am i not eligble to dive the quarry?

Last edited:
ah - sorry, we have an 18 years age limit..... but I think you will be ok at the pool session with a parents permission signed off

Monkey Matt said:
You'll need a wet suit at this time of year. You must be mad to come to London at the start of the winter :duh

The day before I left Sydney it was 30 degrees - yep, must be mad. Well i've been here 5 days now and it's only rained for 2 of those - them's good odds rofl

I don't think monofins were meant for travel on the tube either, had some mighty strange looks on the way back from Heathrow. Oh well, where there's a will...

Cheers,
Ben

Hey Ben if you want to get out of the pool and into the lake give me a shout.

Officially this is our last real meet today but a few of the hardcore will be training through the winter and you are welcome to join!

S

www.saltfreedivers.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT