• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Health Food!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alison

Mar 6, 2004
NOT!!! :D
Onion Bahjee's
You'll be needing:

• 4 mediun onions
  • 8oz (220g ?) Gram flour (yellow chickpea flour or beesan flour)
  • 2 very heaped tspns ground Corriander
  • 2 very heaped tspns ground Cumin
  • 1 very heaped tspn Tumeric
  • 1 tspn Chilli powder (more if you want its not as hot as you'd think)
  • 1 tspn salt
  • 1 tspn baking powder
  • 1 tspn ground Cinnamon (optional) I dont often but am today
  • 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
  • Water enough to make a stiff sticky mixture
  • Some oil for deep frying
To make:

• Halve the onions and semi coarsely chop into strips
  • combine the rest of the dry ingredients then mix well with the onions
  • Add the yogurt and mix well
  • Add the water a bit at a time untill the mixture is stiff but sticky enough to hold together.
  • Leave to stand for 5 minutes
  • Heat the oil in a Karhai wok or chip pan (hell even a deep fat fryer rofl)
  • when hot enough to make a strip of onion sizzle, form the mixture into 4 cm balls and add one at a time to the hot oil untill the pan is reasonably full (4 - 6 bahgee's)
  • Fry untill crisp and a deep golden brown
I like them cold but they can be eaten hot too.
Have fun ;)

Reactions: Pastor
Oh yeah, and don't forget the yogurt/garlic dip! Now this may not do much for your love life unless you share but sometimes the priorities do get modified. Deeeee-licious!

We would love some feedback on the recipe if anyone try's it, its Colins own, the best Ive tasted, I really could get fat rofl

No, no, no! Not fat, more voluptuous! . . . speaking as a man who truly admires a Reubens, you understand ;)

Reactions: Alison
Jim,

How the heck are ya? When will you be healthy enough to dive again?

BTW: I ran into your cousin in the pool the other day.

Jon

Alison said:
We would love some feedback on the recipe if anyone try's it, its Colins own, the best Ive tasted, I really could get fat rofl

mmm sounds great... when i get my kitchen back ;) i will give them a whirl...

Allen,
That's why I said "garlic/yogurt dip"! Of course Ranch salad dressing works well, as does garlic mayonnaise or Tabasco mayonnaise or maybe even Thousand Island.

Oldsarge said:
Allen,
That's why I said "garlic/yogurt dip"! Of course Ranch salad dressing works well, as does garlic mayonnaise or Tabasco mayonnaise or maybe even Thousand Island.
Sorry I didn't read all the posts.
Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT