• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Health Food!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alison

Mar 6, 2004
NOT!!!
Onion Bahjee's
You'll be needing:

• 4 mediun onions
  • 8oz (220g ?) Gram flour (yellow chickpea flour or beesan flour)
  • 2 very heaped tspns ground Corriander
  • 2 very heaped tspns ground Cumin
  • 1 very heaped tspn Tumeric
  • 1 tspn Chilli powder (more if you want its not as hot as you'd think)
  • 1 tspn salt
  • 1 tspn baking powder
  • 1 tspn ground Cinnamon (optional) I dont often but am today
  • 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
  • Water enough to make a stiff sticky mixture
  • Some oil for deep frying
To make:

• Halve the onions and semi coarsely chop into strips
  • combine the rest of the dry ingredients then mix well with the onions
  • Add the yogurt and mix well
  • Add the water a bit at a time untill the mixture is stiff but sticky enough to hold together.
  • Leave to stand for 5 minutes
  • Heat the oil in a Karhai wok or chip pan (hell even a deep fat fryer rofl)
  • when hot enough to make a strip of onion sizzle, form the mixture into 4 cm balls and add one at a time to the hot oil untill the pan is reasonably full (4 - 6 bahgee's)
  • Fry untill crisp and a deep golden brown
I like them cold but they can be eaten hot too.
Have fun

Reactions: Pastor
Oh yeah, and don't forget the yogurt/garlic dip! Now this may not do much for your love life unless you share but sometimes the priorities do get modified. Deeeee-licious!

We would love some feedback on the recipe if anyone try's it, its Colins own, the best Ive tasted, I really could get fat rofl

No, no, no! Not fat, more voluptuous! . . . speaking as a man who truly admires a Reubens, you understand

Reactions: Alison
Jim,

How the heck are ya? When will you be healthy enough to dive again?

BTW: I ran into your cousin in the pool the other day.

Jon

Alison said:
We would love some feedback on the recipe if anyone try's it, its Colins own, the best Ive tasted, I really could get fat rofl

mmm sounds great... when i get my kitchen back i will give them a whirl...

Allen,
That's why I said "garlic/yogurt dip"! Of course Ranch salad dressing works well, as does garlic mayonnaise or Tabasco mayonnaise or maybe even Thousand Island.

Oldsarge said:
Allen,
That's why I said "garlic/yogurt dip"! Of course Ranch salad dressing works well, as does garlic mayonnaise or Tabasco mayonnaise or maybe even Thousand Island.
Sorry I didn't read all the posts.
Thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…