• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

healthways speargun fix-up?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dsg1987

Dec 16, 2011
hello all,
i recently found a healthways band gun, and its missing the band, and needs a new shaft, and rigging. my question is- is it worth fixing up and shooting or should i just make it a wall hanger. its a metal gun roughly 27" long to the muzzle and roughly 31" with shaft loaded. trigger mech is seemingly functional and the gun itself is seemingly structurally sound... its a short gun by many standards and seems to be a decent small fish gun.
also looking for more info on the gun i.e. model, possible worth, specifics on what bands/rigging to use. and any expirences with either the brand or similar guns.
any and all info is greatly appreciated!!!
here is a pic of the gun
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/dsg1987/rileysroom002.jpg

Last edited:
here are the pix of the above described gun...

Attachments

• riley's room 002.jpg
    riley's room 002.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 233
  • riley's room 003.jpg
    riley's room 003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 173
piece of junk- sell it at your next garage sale.
its too small for clean water. you have to almost put it up against the fishes head to penetrate.
in our clean waters (sometimes) you cant get close enough for that small of a gun
you should get a 110cm mako or a 120 maybe(if you are a tall guy)
that thing in the picture shouldnt be trusted- plus its too small.
unless you want to hunt in the canals- then its perfect size
i will make you a 110 cm fully enclosed track teak speargun
for 400$
but a mako is good for the money.

Hello..i got one of this which has no shaft!!.. Can you please send me a photo of the shaft back end..that which enters the mechanism?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT