• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Heh...;)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Two divers are on a leisurely dive at 20m when they see a free diver come down. Armed with the latest scuba gear they descend down to 30m to show the usurper how limited he is. At 30m however they find that he is still following them. In an attempot to lose him once and for all they drop down to the bottom at 40m. Again however he follows them. At this stage one of the divers pulls out his slate and writes - 'we're supposed to be here, how come your down so deep?' With that the freediver grabs the pencil and scribbles - 'I'm drowning you idiots'..
Hope you guys are haveing a great day...
Have any of you been diveing in the Blue hole?? it is in Egypt (sinai) I heard that there annually dies about 10scubadivers because they go too deep...:head

I've dived at the blue hole and it is increadible. It's just a big hole down in the reef, beirly 3m from the shore edge, to a whopping 70 odd metre deep. Outsite the hole is just as good, a wall that is over 150m.

What you have heard is true that there are a lot of deaths due to going to deep, how many I'm not sure, but the reason I think that they try so deep is to go throught he arch. The top of the arch is at 67m (a little out of my depth at the moment:) )

The blue hole is just north of Dahab, which is about 2hours north from shalm by bus, if I can remember correctly.

Enjoy your time out there.

blue holes

This seems to be one of those names that gets around. Belize has two Blue holes, one in gulf and one up in highlands. I wonder how many more of these there are? Anyone know of any others?

I have worked in Dahab as a D.M. Yes it is true that a couple of divers die each year(not ten). It is an incredibly beautiful site....not necessarily the blue Hole, but the wall on the outside.
If you go to Dahab, visit Fantasea Dive shop, and tell them Pete the freediving DM from Oz sent you.

Yeah, I've noticed that every dive destination seems to have a "Blue Hole" too. Another famous one is in Palau. Never dived it, but my friends have (Scuba), and they said it's amazing.

Anyone freedived in Palau? I wonder how easy it is to freedive the really good sites (e.g. Blue Corner), since the currents are supposed to be crazy. On Scuba you descend to about 20m then hook onto the reef with a reef hook (onto bare rock, not coral) attached to your BCD, and just enjoy the show. If you turn your head sideways you get your reg and mask ripped off by the current! Again I haven't done it but I've seen the video.

The current brings all the big guys; grey sharks feeding (naturally), manta rays, big tunas etc. I guess you could freedive down and just cling onto a bubble blower. They probably wouldn't even notice! :D

Terry

Sounds good..! I'll go check that blue hole out in Sinai and tell you guys what I think about it..
King Pete were there many freedivers in the blue hole?
I remember one of my friend telling me that he was diveing down there and saw a Swedish freediver going throught the arch and he could just watch this guy go whitout any equipment..
Well thanks
safe diving

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT