• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello! - Anyone interested in Freediving Classes in New Jersey?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

denise03

Aug 26, 2020
Hello !

I am new here.

I hope you all are well and staying safe...

Not long ago, I had to move to Atlantic City, New Jersey.
I have been searching for freediving classes since May. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any instructor in the area.
Do you know any freediving course or instructor in/near NJ? I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

If there is no one, then I also came across some instructors who are willing to travel for students who would love to take their classes such as the one who is from Virginia (Nate Leazer - Blue Alchemy Freediving in VA. He is a USA Freediving Member-at-Large TDI/SDI/ERDI/PFI and DAN Instructor. )

The instructor requires:
1. A class of 5 people (Cost is $400 per student),
2. A suitable pool and depth accommodations,
3. If entry / boat fees are required the students would be required to cover that.

I think we will need 3 days for this course (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) - including theory, pool and open water.
I hope to provide more information as long as any one would like to join me in this class. We have to have at least 5 people and I believe 6 is the maximum.

He has the ability to teach Freediver, Intermediate Freediver, Breath-hold Surf Survival, Safety Supervisor (As well as various Safety Classes), as well as Private Coaching.

If you know any one already in/near NJ, please let me know so that we won't have to go through this route.

For your information:
* If anyone is willing to do it I don't have to be the host; I am still not familiar with the area and I will also need to arrange a pool and a boat if it is necessary for the course. I am ok, however, if no body wants to deal with that . For your convenience, I am willing to pay for the pool and boat if any fee is required (hoping that the cost would be reasonable). I really don't want to drive to Virginia with my kitty and make her sad leaving her alone in a hotel room

** Regarding course fee and payment - you may have to take care of this with the instructor so you won't have any concerns. I believe there would be a security fee to hold your place, and then the rest would be paid during the class (I will check with the instructor).

I would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know your interest and so that we can solve the freediving instructor problem in New Jersey, if it hasn't been already done.

Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon...

Reactions: Swimguy89
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT