• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello everyone I am from ontario canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

code2d

Jul 10, 2007
I am 15 and live in ontario canada and I am interested in freediving. I have a lakenear by that reaches 300 feet at points. I am buying my first pair of flippers cressi gara 3000 ld in about 5 days and 2 masks, scuba pro futura 1 and a cressi minima.​

Welcome code2d to DB :).

What part of Ontario are you from?

My stay was fine....I live in the Almaguin's just north of the muskoka's. In larger comparison north of Toronto by about 2-3 hours.

Ah cool, you live close to me. Do you ever dive Georgian Bay?

No I have not actually. Georgian bay does sound familier...what are the surrounding towns?

Wow I knew you lived close to me but didn't realise it was that close. I am suprised you haven't dove Georgian Bay. Here is a link to a map that shows where we both live.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Almaguin,+Ontario&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=30.130288,81.738281&ie=UTF8&ll=45.428335,-79.612427&spn=0.416352,1.277161&z=10&om=1]Google Maps[/ame]

I am in Parry Sound (Which is located on Georgian Bay).

If your around in September and want to go diving I can take you around here if you want.

I am from ontario canada, i am going up to tobermory for two weeks and have bin looking for another freediver, to freediver with. I am 16

Where are you from Freediver Blue?

We have quite a lot of freedivers popping up North of Toronto... for a while there I was the only one (that I knew of anyways).

Ontario DB Meet Up?

Hey Parry sound is less than One hour from were I live (Burk's Falls)!! I went there 2 times actually. I knew georgian was familier.
I am diving lake cecebe. They have a rock cliff with about 100-200 feet of water that has a sunken boat/ship on the botttom.
A ontario DB meet sounds cool. But I believe I will need to buy a wet suit for parry sound I'm guessing especially in september?

Last edited:
Um maby not, I am coming back like September 3rd or something so it will be early September.

Code2d what gear do you have?

Ah damn Chatham is far away... theres a lot of freedivers in the Toronto area but few and far between north of there. (Not now, we have 2!!! haha).

I have cressi gara 3000 ld fins,cressi minima mask, cressi big eyes mask, and a decent snorkel. My old mask is damaged so It is unusable.

Ah cool, I have OMER Ice fins, OMER Alien Mask and an Elios 5mm wet suit. I want to see how late in the year I can dive in that suit in Georgian Bay.

Yeah the mask is pretty good, I haven't had a problem with it at all. It has taken a fair amount of abuse as well and its still holding up.

How do you like your cressi big eyes?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT