• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello from beirut (..again)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

serge-dagher

FREESPIRIT
Nov 16, 2006
it's been a long time since i last posted on db forum.... the reason is work... and to think that you'll ever have a break from work!

anyways,i am posting to say that a few months back i got the chance to gear up for freediving and spearfishing. the last time i got the chance to dive was three weeks ago, cause of work. (although i live very close to the sea... like 300meters away from the shore).

so guys i bought the following:
- omer suit 5mm camoflaged (neoprene on the inside the one that you have to put on soap to wear)

-omer millenium fins
-omer abyss mask and snorkel
-omer xxv gold spear gun (open mosel with a 25m reel)
-suunto d3 freedive watch

so far my biggest kill is half a kilo :d (but it tasted good)

buttom time: 15meters 1minute 46 seconds
dynamic distance: 75meters (in a pool)
static time: 4 minutes 1 second ( 2 weeks ago, and ever since then i get stable times between 3 minutes and 3 minutes 30 seconds)

one time i was doing a static with the presance of my teacher, i acheived a 3 minute time, but what shocked my teacher was the fact that i can stay on my contractions for 1 minute. (question here: is this good, should i keep it up, should i not? am confused.) and a few tips and pointers on how to enhance my performance, and most of all keep the results that i achieve, meaning by that being able to do it again and again, and again....

thanks guys

well serge, it is good to have you back in this forum. in 2 months time, i will be in beirut. maybe we can dive together then.

cheerzZz and keep on practicing to improve your results.

hehehehe of course we will.... rabih how are you.

in case you didn't recognize me, the last time we talked you wanted kevork's number.

hey we're not gonna just dive, you owe me a jam session as well.

...by the way i have some questions about life in dubai, i have had a few offers in the past, and i turned them down all because i am affraid i won't be able to go freediving and spearfishing...
maybe you can shed light upon this subject...

cheers man

hahaha yes mate for sure. i didnt forget the jam session. :)
Dubai is a nice place. you will enjoy spearfishing if u got the time.

come here mate, you will like it.

CheerzZz

sure thing...

i am working in it (that is trying to go live in dubai), but the thing is, i've heard that it is illegal to spearfish in dubai, is it true or just in certain places or what?

am like totally lost and confused and i don't know....

when you're back in leb we'll talk in detail

(tomorrow if the weather is good ie. no strong currents, am going to dive in tripoly)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT