• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Bonaire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

adiverslife

Dec 4, 2020
I recently joined Deeper Blue and would like to say hello. I own the YouTube channel A Diver's Life and have been diving for 34 years. I make the videos for the channel. To expand my reach I am currently taking tech diving training. Our videos aren't just meant to show pretty video. They are meant to convey a story, share history, or help others to achieve their goals for having a A Diver's Life. As a videographer I look forward to talking to other videographers and also learn from tech divers as I am pretty green in this area.

This is our latest video Rappel - A Dive Into Bonaire History

If you like what you see and would like to be notified of more videos you can go to A Diver's Life and hit subscribe.

I recently joined Deeper Blue and would like to say hello. I own the YouTube channel A Diver's Life and have been diving for 34 years. I make the videos for the channel. To expand my reach I am currently taking tech diving training. Our videos aren't just meant to show pretty video. They are meant to convey a story, share history, or help others to achieve their goals for having a A Diver's Life. As a videographer I look forward to talking to other videographers and also learn from tech divers as I am pretty green in this area.

This is our latest video Rappel - A Dive Into Bonaire History

If you like what you see and would like to be notified of more videos you can go to A Diver's Life and hit subscribe.

I have subscribed to your channel a while back. I'd like to know why tech. diving in Bonaire, or even Curacao, what is there deep worth diving to with tech. diving? If it is only to dive deep on reefs, there is nothing to see there that isn't available in 10 or 5 meters. So why tech. dive in Bonaire or Curacao?

I have subscribed to your channel a while back. I'd like to know why tech. diving in Bonaire, or even Curacao, what is their deep worth diving to with tech. diving? If it is only to dive deep on reefs, there is nothing to see there that isn't available in 10 or 5 meters. So why tech. dive in Bonaire or Curacao?
Thank you for subscribing! Excellent question. The answer, for me, is threefold. First, Bonaire is steeped in history. Ships have been coming here as far back as at least the 1600s - in fact we were the first to discover a Rodger's anchor from the 1800s (video: A Step Back in Time). There are wrecks and artifacts to be discovered. Most of the wrecks are indeed in only 30-50 feet of water but I am sure there is more deeper. I do know there are anchors from the 1800s that are well beyond recreational diving limits. The second part is lionfish hunting. Many of the big lionfish are deeper and also they reside in what we call second reefs that reside beyond recreational limits. I would like to film these areas. For example, there is a second reef off of the White Slave dive site that is at 150 feet. Some bigger fish hang out there and I would like to film the area. Also, there is the illusive Sargasm Triggerfish that is very shy and hangs out in deeper water. They are spectacularly beautiful but I have only seen pictures of them.

Third, since I live on the island I can grow my skills for tech diving in other places. The reef drops off quite deep so I can grow my skills through regular diving. I want dive and film the wrecks of Bikini Atoll. I like history and Yamamoto's flagship, that was used to lead the attack on Pearl Harbor, is there as is the Saratogo aircraft carrier. Years ago I dove Truk and I just loved the history. To see more I need tech diving proficiency. Ultimately, I want to go to rebreather as I would like to eliminate all the bubbles so that more fish hang around to record video.

Reactions: DivingNomad
Thank you for subscribing! Excellent question. The answer, for me, is threefold. First, Bonaire is steeped in history. Ships have been coming here as far back as at least the 1600s - in fact we were the first to discover a Rodger's anchor from the 1800s (video: A Step Back in Time). There are wrecks and artifacts to be discovered. Most of the wrecks are indeed in only 30-50 feet of water but I am sure there is more deeper. I do know there are anchors from the 1800s that are well beyond recreational diving limits. The second part is lionfish hunting. Many of the big lionfish are deeper and also they reside in what we call second reefs that reside beyond recreational limits. I would like to film these areas. For example, there is a second reef off of the White Slave dive site that is at 150 feet. Some bigger fish hang out there and I would like to film the area. Also, there is the illusive Sargasm Triggerfish that is very shy and hangs out in deeper water. They are spectacularly beautiful but I have only seen pictures of them.

Third, since I live on the island I can grow my skills for tech diving in other places. The reef drops off quite deep so I can grow my skills through regular diving. I want dive and film the wrecks of Bikini Atoll. I like history and Yamamoto's flagship, that was used to lead the attack on Pearl Harbor, is there as is the Saratogo aircraft carrier. Years ago I dove Truk and I just loved the history. To see more I need tech diving proficiency. Ultimately, I want to go to rebreather as I would like to eliminate all the bubbles so that more fish hang around to record video.
Bonaire does seem to be the prefect place to do the training for technical diving because of the ideal conditions there. RB is perfect for the photographer/videographer.

Do you run dive charters with your boat or is it just for your private use?

Bonaire does seem to be the prefect place to do the training for technical diving because of the ideal conditions there. RB is perfect for the photographer/videographer.

Do you run dive charters with your boat or is it just for your private use?
Private use.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT