• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from FL

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bake

Mar 29, 2008
What's up guys and gals, I'm here in NE Florida, and know absolutely nothing about freediving or scuba diving. I've got some friends in my HS that are certified to scuba, I thought about it, but that's not an option right now. So I thought I'd learn to freedive, and hopefully I'm in the right place.

Hey bake! I'm just starting on freediving myself, and I can say that there is a wealth of info here. All the best! :)

The Tampa Bay area, though all of my freediving to date has been in either Crystal River or Weeki Wachee. Can't wait to get out into the Gulf.

Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering Whopperhead what the differences are between FIT and Performance Freediving training styles.

Couldn't tell you - to be honest-I hear they are both really good and MARTIN of FIT used to work with those of PFI (Performance Freediving) I'm actually coming down from WI next week to take the FIT level 2 course. I hope to do some Spearfishing after the class. But as only freediving/spearfishing for a year now- all I hear is "you'll become a MUCH better and safer diver if you take one of these courses". I've learned large amounts on this site- but I have a feeling I'm going to learn just as much if not more at this class. Safety is my #1 reason for taking this class. I'd hate to ruin something I love because I did something stupid- that could of been prevented.

Hey, what are some things I can do to increase my holds? I can't seem to find anything, I must not be looking in the right place:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT