• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from France

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mias

Mar 30, 2007
Hello people from the other side of the ocean ,
My name is Mathias and I live in Brest , at the extrem west of the France.
I hope that you will understand my very bad english....:t
I'm 28 years old , and i practice Apnéa spearfishing for 9 years , and it became my real passion .
I only dive near my place , because the coast is very rich with sands , rocs , much algae and laminar (could you understand this ?i m not sure)
I realize my own wood speargun , it's for me another way to live my passion .
I've made a blog too , about spearfishing , but all in french
if you're interressed : Passion : Chasse-sous-marine
I 'm also a moderator for a french forum , very nice:Iroise-Passion, le site de chasse sous marine à brest dans le finistere en bretagne nord dans la mer d'iroise , you could see many pictures of our sea :"La Mer d'Iroise":inlove
So , that was my presentation .
Bye
Mias

Hi mias bienvenue to deeperblue,
I was in Brest a long time ago for just one day on a tour. I was staying in Crozon at the time and really enjoyed it. Lovely place and would love to head back. I was in the maritime museum in Brest and really enjoyed that too.

:) Thanks
did you enjoy Brest ?
And did you know that the Crozon coasts are a really good place for spearfishing .
Many many good rocs .

Hi Mias,
When I was there I wasn't into freediving we did some kayacking near Quimper
(I think) we got too near the military base and were told where to go. I loved the beach at Morgat and will definatly return in the next few years.

Great to see a French participating at DB! Welcome! Most of the French freedivers stay isolated in their local forums, being so cut off of the very valuable international exchange of information. I think it is one of the reasons the freediving does not progress as fast as it should in France - with the huge member base and the number of clubs it has (there may be more of both in France, than in the rest of the world combined together), it ought to play a much more important role on the international field, in competitions, and in the world record circus.

Bonjour Mias :)

Welcome to DB.

I will be headed sort of you way in about 2 weeks. I will get a chance to dive that coast but further Southward. Near Nantes.

Are you fimilar with the waters there now?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT