• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Japan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

monchan

Aug 15, 2007
Hi, all.

I'm glad to have signed up. What I have already read will prove to be invaluable when in the water. I grew up in adelaide, australia and used to go hunting with an elcheapo pole spear $20 it was great, while not a pro. I had some pretty good catches, my mother loved me for it.

Now I'm in a small city in japan, Tottori. it's on the Japan sea. Been here for three years did a bit of regular fishing (love my fish) My brother in law decided to take me snorkelling on day last week. we bought a small trident each the worst of the worst. But I caught enough for us and the parents, and now I've got the bug again. much to my wifes displeasure. -$$$$.

Saw losts of big snapper near the reefs and cliffs so I hope I'll be able to bag something big well bigish.

Just ordered a new pole, wife wont let me get a gun at the moment.
here's a link HARISANiƒnƒŠƒTƒ“jƒAƒ‹ƒ~‚S–{Žèçó ƒpƒ‰ƒ‰ƒCƒU[çóæ•t^ŒƒˆÀIƒ_ƒCƒrƒ“ƒOŠíޔ̔„“Œ‹žyƒAƒNƒIƒXz
What do you think?

I've never used a gun anyway, do you think it's possible to bag one with the above pole?

anyway look forwarding to reading/ learning more.

Welcome aboard! are there specific spearfishing regulations in Japan?

Attachments

• subaqua logo 2.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 116
I still looking into that it seems that everyone has there own idea but no real facts, and I cannot read the japanese on the net. I'm asking around. The guy at the local dive shop says slings are ok almost anywhere, but guns because they have a trigger are a problem under law in some areas, but are available freely. Will let you know when I get a little more info.

thanks for the welcome

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…