• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Japan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

monchan

Aug 15, 2007
Hi, all.

I'm glad to have signed up. What I have already read will prove to be invaluable when in the water. I grew up in adelaide, australia and used to go hunting with an elcheapo pole spear $20 it was great, while not a pro. I had some pretty good catches, my mother loved me for it.

Now I'm in a small city in japan, Tottori. it's on the Japan sea. Been here for three years did a bit of regular fishing (love my fish) My brother in law decided to take me snorkelling on day last week. we bought a small trident each the worst of the worst. But I caught enough for us and the parents, and now I've got the bug again. much to my wifes displeasure. -$$$$.

Saw losts of big snapper near the reefs and cliffs so I hope I'll be able to bag something big well bigish.

Just ordered a new pole, wife wont let me get a gun at the moment.
here's a link HARISANiƒnƒŠƒTƒ“jƒAƒ‹ƒ~‚S–{Žèçó ƒpƒ‰ƒ‰ƒCƒU[çóæ•t^ŒƒˆÀIƒ_ƒCƒrƒ“ƒOŠíޔ̔„“Œ‹žyƒAƒNƒIƒXz
What do you think?

I've never used a gun anyway, do you think it's possible to bag one with the above pole?

anyway look forwarding to reading/ learning more.

Welcome aboard! are there specific spearfishing regulations in Japan?

Attachments

• subaqua logo 2.jpeg
    subaqua logo 2.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 114
I still looking into that it seems that everyone has there own idea but no real facts, and I cannot read the japanese on the net. I'm asking around. The guy at the local dive shop says slings are ok almost anywhere, but guns because they have a trigger are a problem under law in some areas, but are available freely. Will let you know when I get a little more info.

thanks for the welcome

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT