• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from land locked Munich!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rslomkow

Another Lost Soul
May 8, 2006
I am an American living in Munich these days, grew up in Oregon, lived in Chicago, lived San Francisco for a while, then was in Berlin for a couple years and now in Munich. Chicago and Berlin were dark days for my water activities, but I seem to be traveling now that I live in Munich.

I have done freediving before I knew there was a name for it other than "deep snokeling" I did lots of SCUBA in California but got frustrated with having all the equipment and started freediving. Tried some spear-fishing and abalone diving. I am a poor spear fisher, but it can be fun. I just like being in the water. I also enjoy underwater photography; currently shooting a Canon A620, with the Canon case.

I wrote a blog post about freediving and my deepest dive.

-26.2m and back in 54seconds. Doing this on one of my rare times these days in the ocean. Picture from the data off my Suunto Mosquito.

It is funny I have no idea what my static apnea is, I always thought about 60-90 seconds, but maybe I should measure it. I am one of those people who can hold my breath much much easier underwater than above.

I would love to take a freediving semminar somewhere. Europe would be easier for me to get to than the US, though I can work anywhere there is reliable Internet access. If anybody can suggest any that are not too hard or expensive to get to from Germany I would love to hear about it.

Hope to hear some of the stories by other people that love being in the water ;) And tips to enjoy being there more.

Last edited:
Howdy!
Sounds good being able to work wherever there is internet access....so that is well??????.....everywhere!!!!. Very cool!!

Hi there lost soul! I'm living in munich, too :)
We're a small group of freedivers, 4-5folks. No competitions, just good serious freediving, mostly pool training, you know, just keeping prepared and in high alert for the day we're in the ocean (once-twice/year in vacations :rcard ).

So pm me if ya need any info (places to freedive, gear, whatever), and definately pm me if ya need a place to train! Our training ground is the olympia schwimmbad, it's 20m x 20m x 5m, @27-29°C. Training every friday @18:30. No extra costs except 3.50€ for entering the schwimmbad. Look for a guy wearing a yellow mono, and 2-3folks with long blades. :D :duh :blackeye

Can't tell ya much on courses, except that umberto's giving a couple of them this season, check out this thread: [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=66149"]Freediving courses in Europe this summer?[/ame]

Later dude!

HI rslomkow

Welcome to DB, and glad to see you have access to some local folks. Looks like you can do pretty welll already. There are some great stories in the "Freediving Stories" section. Also, check out the Journals area. Tons of info in Begining Freediving, Gear, and Freedive Training.

Have fun.

Conno

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT