• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from little Belgium

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorisvd

Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm a novice scubadiver who has always been interested in apnea and my girlfriend who also just started scubadiving seems to have a ridiculous knack for it.
In one month time she went up from a dry static of 1.50 to 4.30 minutes.
Wet she has been able to do more or less the same times (4.15) after about a month of practice of O2 and Co2 tables two times a week and one wet practice a week.
I on the other hand have been doing the same training and am currently doing dry holds of 2.3-2.5 minutes, so yeah I won't be entering any competitions within the next few years.

My girlfriend has been thinking of entering her first AIDA static competition this april in Zottegem, Belgium. Her plan is to get to 5+ minutes wet by april, but we are currently not AIDA related and just scuba-diving weekly in a CMAS-club and we don't even have any sort of diving degree yet.

I look forward to meeting freedivers and just getting some basic info on stuff.

I was thinking of buying her an SSI freediving course to get her started at the enker divers complex in the Netherlands (an hour and a half drive from where I live) because I heard it's the only real professional freediving school in our vincinity.
I'm not sure yet, but I thought it would be a solid idea, because you know, we have 0 clue what we are doing at the moment.

Pm send. There are several freediving clubs in Belgium which I can get you in contact with. We have a lively freediving community.

Sent from the abyss

Hi Jorisvd,

Welcome ...from Belgium ... on deeperblue;-)
You wrote :
« SSI freediving course … because I heard it's the only real professional freediving school in our vicinity. «

Apnea does not depend on the label !
eg I’vs got SSI Freediver level 2 to get the possibility to freedive at Nemo33.
And the sympathetic and competent instructor was the guy I met during the training at the Lifras ( your Nelos I guess), and afterward during the training with Apnea-Academy. I am now at AIDA ... and the apnea is still the same ... The skills of the Instructors make the differences.

Reactions: Kodama
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT